Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket Fairing System???

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2019, 05:14 PM
cskarns
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Aftermarket Fairing System???

Anyone have any experience with audio in any of the aftermarket fairings? I have acquired a 09 Road King and was thinking about putting a fairing on it. Any recommendations would be appreciated

Thanks Chad.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:06 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 174 Likes on 159 Posts

Like most things it's all in what you are willing to spend. I've dealt personally with Hoppe and Reckless. The Hoppe is better quality but they don't offer much in the way of decent audio. The Reckless has some audio option but not anything I would consider outstanding. If I was buying one and didn't want to spend the money on the Black hills one. I would get the Reckless and probably get it unloaded and get my own audio gear.

Old 04-20-2019, 07:08 PM
Outkast6991
Road Master
Received 103 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by marshallb
Like most things it's all in what you are willing to spend. I've dealt personally with Hoppe and Reckless. The Hoppe is better quality but they don't offer much in the way of decent audio. The Reckless has some audio option but not anything I would consider outstanding. If I was buying one and didn't want to spend the money on the Black hills one. I would get the Reckless and probably get it unloaded and get my own audio gear.
i just helped a buddy out with a reckless on a road king. There isn't much room in there and 4 5.25's is less than stellar

Old 04-20-2019, 07:33 PM
cskarns
Tourer

I planned on getting one unloaded. Didn't figure the sound would be very good.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:18 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Outkast6991
i just helped a buddy out with a reckless on a road king. There isn't much room in there and 4 5.25's is less than stellar
Reckless offers several configurations. Hoppe doesn't offer much in the way of configuration. Neither of the two have much room, identical really.

Old 04-20-2019, 08:27 PM
marshallb
Road Warrior

Another thing I would consider if I wanted the best sound possible out of one is to see if Carl at Jefe would glass some 8s in the Reckless fairing. Some UN8s and some horns would rock I bet.

This video looks more like a dragonfly fairing.

Last edited by marshallb; 04-20-2019 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:02 PM
cskarns
Tourer

Another thing I would consider if I wanted the best sound possible out of one is to see if Carl at Jefe would glass some 8s in the Reckless fairing. Some UN8s and some horns would rock I bet.

This video looks more like a dragonfly fairing.

https://youtu.be/uzexFQt5l9M
That's a good looking RK!!!!! Not sure that's in my budget. All though I don't have a budget right now.

Old 04-20-2019, 10:23 PM
jlasersmith
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.tsukayu.com/Bike_HD_Roadking1.html

I had some of their hard bags on an older Vulcan. Super good quality. I'd grab an empty fairing and drop in a nice HU, amp and a nice set of 6x9's

Old 04-21-2019, 10:09 AM
cskarns
Tourer

Originally Posted by jlasersmith
https://www.tsukayu.com/Bike_HD_Roadking1.html

I had some of their hard bags on an older Vulcan. Super good quality. I'd grab an empty fairing and drop in a nice HU, amp and a nice set of 6x9's
Those are the best looking fairing I've seen. Like the one with the 6.5's in it. Not a fan of the 4 speaker or 6x9 setups. They look weird to me.

Did you order from them? How long did it take to ship?

Old 04-21-2019, 10:20 AM
jlasersmith
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://store.valueaccessories.net/Ts...ingwRadio.aspx

I bought my bags from these guys. They had them in stock and shipped them quickly. I agree the 6x9 ones don't look as good. A set of 6x9's would probably sound better than a pair of 6.5's.

I did have to buy new gaskets directly from tsukayu a few years ago and they shipped them to me from China and it took just over a week. I wouldn't hesitate to order directly if I couldn't get something stateside.

The following users liked this post:
cskarns (04-21-2019)

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Fairing System???