Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSR! help

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2019, 07:42 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Default DSR! help

Sony AVX-AV100 HU output is front channels are connected to the Arc and the rear channels connected to the NVX VAD 1000.4 , Arc 600.4 in the fairing running the ,Arc 6.5 602's Upper and lower fairing with JL C2-650 6.5 in the TP wired in parallel with the lower fair on the front channels on the Arc. The NVX VAd 1000.4 is running the JL audio 6x9 (c2-690-xt) in lids and inside of bags. the lids are connected to the front channel on the amp and the 6x9 in the bags are connected to the rear channels on the amp.

This is my setup above.
I just picked up a Rockford DSR1 and was wondering how to connect it to two amps. also, what will I put the gains and the frequency setting on the amps itself. I only been seeing videos on how to connect it the one amp and with subs and tweeters.

thanks,

Old 04-07-2019, 07:48 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,587 Likes on 3,244 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Steward
Sony AVX-AV100 HU output is front channels are connected to the Arc and the rear channels connected to the NVX VAD 1000.4 , Arc 600.4 in the fairing running the ,Arc 6.5 602's Upper and lower fairing with JL C2-650 6.5 in the TP wired in parallel with the lower fair on the front channels on the Arc. The NVX VAd 1000.4 is running the JL audio 6x9 (c2-690-xt) in lids and inside of bags. the lids are connected to the front channel on the amp and the 6x9 in the bags are connected to the rear channels on the amp.

This is my setup above.
I just picked up a Rockford DSR1 and was wondering how to connect it to two amps. also, what will I put the gains and the frequency setting on the amps itself. I only been seeing videos on how to connect it the one amp and with subs and tweeters.

thanks,
You will set the gains as you would without the dsp. As far as crossover freqs, set the amps to Full/All Pass. All crossover adjustments through the Dsr1.

If and how you want your fade control to work will determine how to wire to the 2 amps.

Old 04-07-2019, 08:20 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
You will set the gains as you would without the dsp. As far as crossover freqs, set the amps to Full/All Pass. All crossover adjustments through the Dsr1.

If and how you want your fade control to work will determine how to wire to the 2 amps.
I don't want to sound stupid, but what do you mean by the fade control would determine how I wire the 2 amps?

Old 04-07-2019, 08:30 PM
bdrummer0413
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This is my setup above.

thanks,
Whats DSM said... plus since DSR has 8 channels out... and you have 8 channels with those 2 amps.. its pretty straight forward.. Is that what you are referring too.??

Old 04-08-2019, 05:24 AM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,587 Likes on 3,244 Posts

I don't want to sound stupid, but what do you mean by the fade control would determine how I wire the 2 amps?
If you want to control front to rear fade on the go, through the head unit, you can. For example, if you want to be able to balance the bag speakers, you use the head unit front channels into the dsp on channels 1&2. Output channels 1&2 from the dsp to front channel input on the Arc600. Output channels 3&4 to the rear channel inputs of the Arc600.

Then use the head unit rear outputs to channels 5&6 inputs of the dsp. Output channels 5&6 from the dsp to front inputs of the NVX. This will allow using the fade control to change the balance on the go.

All that being said, having fade control the way you have your setup configured, is probably a moot point. You should probably reconsider your amp, speaker and wiring strategy.

Old 04-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Eric Steward
Tourer

If you want to control front to rear fade on the go, through the head unit, you can. For example, if you want to be able to balance the bag speakers, you use the head unit front channels into the dsp on channels 1&2. Output channels 1&2 from the dsp to front channel input on the Arc600. Output channels 3&4 to the rear channel inputs of the Arc600.

Then use the head unit rear outputs to channels 5&6 inputs of the dsp. Output channels 5&6 from the dsp to front inputs of the NVX. This will allow using the fade control to change the balance on the go.

All that being said, having fade control the way you have your setup configured, is probably a moot point. You should probably reconsider your amp, speaker and wiring strategy.
Ok, the way I have it now is what the Arc tech support told me. If there is a better way to setup it up, please share. I'm open to try it. I'm by far no audio tech. that is why I'm on this site to learn and share what I have done or heard.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:24 AM
Bootsie
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kinda have a similar setup. I banged my head against a wall on how to wire it all correctly. This diagram was from a thread I started. may help if you draw out exactly how its wired.

I am considering a DSR as well. Did you get it from American?

Old 04-08-2019, 11:38 AM
bdrummer0413
Cruiser
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

DSM... you lost me when you said "Then use the head unit rear outputs to channels 5 and 6 inputs of the DSP".. I could be crazy here but I hooked my head unit RCA Front output to 1 and 2 input of the DSP.. then my HU Rear Output to 3/4 input of the DSP.. I could be wrong.. Please explain.. where you get 5 and 6 inputs on the DSR?.or maybe i had to much Titos last night..

Last edited by bdrummer0413; 04-08-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:52 AM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by bdrummer0413
DSM... you lost me when you said "Then use the head unit rear outputs to channels 5 and 6 inputs of the DSP".. I could be crazy here but I hooked my head unit RCA Front output to 1 and 2 input of the DSP.. then my HU Rear Output to 3/4 input of the DSP.. I could be wrong.. Please explain.. where you get 5 and 6 inputs on the DSR?.or maybe i had to much Titos last night..
He kinda lost me too, but hey. what do i know, I'm trying to learn here.

Old 04-08-2019, 12:02 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by Bootsie
I kinda have a similar setup. I banged my head against a wall on how to wire it all correctly. This diagram was from a thread I started. may help if you draw out exactly how its wired.

I am considering a DSR as well. Did you get it from American?

well I hope you can understand this.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
New.pdf (320.4 KB, 78 views)

Quick Reply: DSR! help