Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with audio

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2019, 09:16 PM
Alvin D Morava
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with audio

My 14 SG has a 6.5 infotanment and Boom Audio Stage 1 speakers in fairing and bags, system sounds good but the other day I had to jump bike to start it, got battery charged up and keeps starting just fine, but have a couple problems now, when turning switch on to run or acc I have two pops out of speakers almost like a power surge and you can see the speakers move in and out, the noted problem is my fader for front to rear doesnt work anymore, I believe it always worked, whenever I turn the bike on I get the two surges we will call it and the fader is showing different position, also I did the new software update to it.
Would also like to know what eq file should be in my bit it is a boom audio Gt 6.5 with Boom Amp in fairing and Stage 1 speakers in fairing and also bag lids, all harley components.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:40 PM
Aitch
Tourer
Received 308 Likes on 144 Posts

So, on my '15 SGS with the stock Boom! Audio system, when I'm listening to my own music on my phone via Bluetooth, I can fast-forward through the songs if I choose to using my hand control. When I have the phone plugged directly into my USB port to charge that function doesn't work and I'm forced to listen to all of the songs in their entirety, in order. I would think if anything it'd be just the opposite and you'd have more control of the phone with the bike when the phone is actually plugged into the bike. So on long trips I find myself listening to satellite radio more when I'd rather listen to my own playlists because I need to keep charged. Anyone know what's up with that? And either this is a new glitch that just popped up or I'm going crazy because I would swear that I used to be able to fast forward when charging.

Last edited by Aitch; 07-21-2019 at 08:42 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:43 PM
8track
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Aitch
So, on my '15 SGS with the stock Boom! Audio system, when I'm listening to my own music on my phone via Bluetooth, I can fast-forward through the songs if I choose to using my hand control. When I have the phone plugged directly into my USB port to charge that function doesn't work and I'm forced to listen to all of the songs in their entirety, in order. I would think if anything it'd be just the opposite and you'd have more control of the phone with the bike when the phone is actually plugged into the bike. So on long trips I find myself listening to satellite radio more when I'd rather listen to my own playlists because I need to keep charged. Anyone know what's up with that? And either this is a new glitch that just popped up or I'm going crazy because I would swear that I used to be able to fast forward when charging.
You should probably start your own thread

Old 07-21-2019, 08:51 PM
Aitch
Tourer

Originally Posted by 8track
You should probably start your own thread
Pretty sure I'm on topic in a "help with audio" thread. Maybe you should start a "help with message boards" thread.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:06 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

Pretty sure I'm on topic in a "help with audio" thread. Maybe you should start a "help with message boards" thread.
So I see your new and the way this works is if you have a question unrelated to the OP post you
should start your own thread. This keeps the original post from being lost amongst all the answers for multiple
issues. No need to jump down someone’s throat for giving a suggestion on the way things are done in here.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:09 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Alvin D Morava
My 14 SG has a 6.5 infotanment and Boom Audio Stage 1 speakers in fairing and bags, system sounds good but the other day I had to jump bike to start it, got battery charged up and keeps starting just fine, but have a couple problems now, when turning switch on to run or acc I have two pops out of speakers almost like a power surge and you can see the speakers move in and out, the noted problem is my fader for front to rear doesnt work anymore, I believe it always worked, whenever I turn the bike on I get the two surges we will call it and the fader is showing different position, also I did the new software update to it.
Would also like to know what eq file should be in my bit it is a boom audio Gt 6.5 with Boom Amp in fairing and Stage 1 speakers in fairing and also bag lids, all harley components.
You may have blown the speakers. Try resetting the Head Unit see if that helps

Old 07-21-2019, 09:22 PM
Aitch
Tourer

Originally Posted by FrenchieM
So I see your new and the way this works is if you have a question unrelated to the OP post you
should start your own thread. This keeps the original post from being lost amongst all the answers for multiple
issues. No need to jump down someone’s throat for giving a suggestion on the way things are done in here.
I'm not new to message boards and I picked an existing thread with a totally unspecific audio title that hadn't had a single reply in more than three months. I see no reason that with that title it can't be an all-encompassing audio help thread. To start a new one in my opinion would be like seeing a thread entitled "I like chicken noodle soup" and starting a new one because I favor and want to post about vegetable beef soup. It's all soup. But you're right in that my reaction was d!@&!sh and for that I apologize, 8track.

Last edited by Aitch; 07-21-2019 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 09:39 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior

I'm not new to message boards and I picked an existing thread with a totally unspecific audio title that hadn't had a single reply in more than three months. I see no reason that with that title it can't be an all-encompassing audio help thread. To start a new one in my opinion would be like seeing a thread entitled "I like chicken noodle soup" and starting a new one because I like and want to post about vegetable beef soup. It's all soup. But you're right in that my reaction was d!@&!sh and for that I apologize, 8track.
Im not sure what soup has to do with bike audio but good on you for apologizing to 8track. I also did not see that this thread was 3 months old. Still should’ve stated your own but instead of arguing with Lipton Soups spokesperson I will offer this suggestion on your question. Go into settings and make sure that the seek button is checked if it’s not this should solve your problem.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:00 PM
8track
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts

It's all good with me. Maybe a "Help with message boards" thread would be useful.
I hope everyone finds the answers they seek.

Old 07-22-2019, 05:49 AM
Aitch
Tourer

Originally Posted by FrenchieM
Im not sure what soup has to do with bike audio but good on you for apologizing to 8track. I also did not see that this thread was 3 months old. Still should’ve stated your own but instead of arguing with Lipton Soups spokesperson I will offer this suggestion on your question. Go into settings and make sure that the seek button is checked if it’s not this should solve your problem.
Actually, I'm pretty adept at the search function and went out of my way to search the threads for one that was on topic. I just don't see the point of starting a new thread when there are already tens of thousands of them and surely must be a perfectly good one already out there for my query. And if there weren't so many duplicates already it wouldn't have taken me nearly as long to find the one I bumped. As I said, I'm not new to message boards, and never before have I come across one that has a hundred separate threads for every possible minor variation of the same topic. If that's the way you do things here so be it, just seems like so much clutter. Have a great week.

Last edited by Aitch; 07-22-2019 at 05:52 AM.

Quick Reply: Help with audio