Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with audio

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2019, 08:18 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by Aitch
Actually, I'm pretty adept at the search function and went out of my way to search the threads for one that was on topic. I just don't see the point of starting a new thread when there are already tens of thousands of them and surely must be a perfectly good one already out there for my query. And if there weren't so many duplicates already it wouldn't have taken me nearly as long to find the one I bumped. As I said, I'm not new to message boards, and never before have I come across one that has a hundred separate threads for every possible minor variation of the same topic. If that's the way you do things here so be it, just seems like so much clutter. Have a great week.
Well mainly because your issue might be slightly different. Different bike, different model year....different issue. And reading your's and the OP's questions, they're totally different in every way. By your reasoning, everyone that had every different issue under the sun, could all just post under a single thread entitled Harley radio issues, then we'd only need ONE thread.

Also each thread makes the search easier to find issues and responses specifically (hopefully) to anyone that may be searching for a specific issue THEY are having.

And it's just common courtesy to start your own thread with your own questions rather than hijacking someone else's thread whether they've gotten a response or not.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:28 AM
Aitch
Tourer
Received 308 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by teedoff65
Well mainly because your issue might be slightly different. Different bike, different model year....different issue. And reading your's and the OP's questions, they're totally different in every way. By your reasoning, everyone that had every different issue under the sun, could all just post under a single thread entitled Harley radio issues, then we'd only need ONE thread.

Also each thread makes the search easier to find issues and responses specifically (hopefully) to anyone that may be searching for a specific issue THEY are having.

And it's just common courtesy to start your own thread with your own questions rather than hijacking someone else's thread whether they've gotten a response or not.
You've never joined into a conversation in person and the conversation has shifted slightly because you've added something new? Doesn't mean you've "hijacked" the conversation. I think an awful lot of people here immediately click on "last page" when they enter a thread to see the newest posts on that topic. And if someone is having a specific issue they can just ask about it wherever they join in the conversation, just like real life. So agree to disagree. BTW, the bolded portion of your post? Agree wholeheartedly. And you folks obviously had no problem finding my question, so what I did worked. Problem is nobody is helping with my question but instead chastising me for the way I posed it.

Last edited by Aitch; 07-22-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-22-2019, 08:32 AM
teedoff65
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,527 Likes on 1,090 Posts

Originally Posted by Aitch
You've never joined into a conversation in person and the conversation has shifted slightly because you've added something new? Doesn't mean you've "hijacked" the conversation. I think an awful lot of people here immediately click on "last page" when they enter a thread to see the newest posts on that topic. And if someone is having a specific issue they can just ask about it wherever they join in the conversation, just like real life. So agree to disagree.
If I'm in a group setting and a person asks a specific question, and then someone asks a completely different question, then its rude and I ignore them lol Or tell them they've interrupted. Kinda like whats probably happening here. You may not get an answer to your question in this thread, but good luck.

Old 07-22-2019, 08:48 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Ignoring.

T

The following users liked this post:
wevsspot (07-23-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 09:41 AM
8track
Tourer
Received 73 Likes on 43 Posts