Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need system recommendations for my '18 RGS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 07:28 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by marcodarq
ya need some, Gypsie?
m
I just might if the price is right. lol

Old 04-03-2019, 07:32 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 621 Posts

pm me,,,,,i'm sure it'll work
m

Old 04-03-2019, 09:31 PM
WSDuke
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

TG
I've got the RGS so I'm thinking no on the fade. I'm guessing that's a flash to open that door. Was thinking I should be able to create the balance at the amp channels? On the other hand, if I run 4 Mmats 601cx on a single 4 channel amp as Marco suggested, maybe it doesn't matter.

Would the Mmats component set be a better fairing option in conjunction with the 601cx in the tour pack?

If there is that much difference between a dsp and the BT355LL, I'll find a deal on one and get it. Not a clue how those are setup but if it is THAT substantial of a difference in sound quality, I'll make the purchase. I guess my budget is broadening but the 1k was more of a personal goal. Then again, I never met any diet goals either, lol.

Let's try it like this....
You have a 2018 RGS. You have the fairing and tour pack pods. 6.5s will fit all around. You're keeping the stock HU. You don't want to go crazy but you're very patient and don't mind waiting for deals to pop up on the right equipment. You want Clean, Loud, Hard hitting tunes. You want your friends who pull up next to you to say......"damn bro, what you rockin?'"..... In which you reply, it's stock bro 🤣

Old 04-03-2019, 09:49 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

haha good post Duke. Here is what you need.

1 BT 355 line leveler for the front
1 stinger spx 700.4 amp
4 mmats 601cx speakers
1 amp wire harness with a 6' ground to run both + and - back to the battery
grills for the tp
enough speaker wire to run to the tp and female spade connectors for front and back.
heat shrink connectors for the speaker wires to the amp
1 set of rca cables 1'5'

I think that will do it.
When ordering the speakers, pay a bit more for waterproofing ($5 per speaker)

Old 04-03-2019, 10:56 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Imho I still think ur falling short by running the Mmats 601cx in the fairing, but that's a damn good list Gypsye.
I ran the shix out of those speakers today and I just don't think that they have the "hard hitting" qualities the OP has indicated he is in search of. However they do very well with the clean and loud with fairly moderate hit.

Not agreeing with each other is a good thing for testing assumptions.

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 04-03-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 06:42 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Imho I still think ur falling short by running the Mmats 601cx in the fairing, but that's a damn good list Gypsye.
I ran the shix out of those speakers today and I just don't think that they have the "hard hitting" qualities the OP has indicated he is in search of. However they do very well with the clean and loud with fairly moderate hit.

Not agreeing with each other is a good thing for testing assumptions.

T
I will have to leave that to you since you have more experience with those speakers. What would you suggest then?

Old 04-04-2019, 12:38 PM
WSDuke
Novice

The scenario below applies to any of the audio addicts out there. I like TGs suggestion for sure and I could definitely stay below the cap with that setup and maybe that's the answer but.....if the budget be damned (within reason)...

Let's try it like this....
You have a 2018 RGS. You have the fairing and tour pack pods. 6.5s will fit all around. You're keeping the stock HU. You don't want to go crazy but you're very patient and don't mind waiting for deals to pop up on the right equipment. You want Clean, Loud, Hard hitting tunes. You want your friends who pull up next to you to say......"damn bro, what you rockin?'"..... In which you reply, it's stock bro 🤣

Last edited by WSDuke; 04-04-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-04-2019, 01:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
I will have to leave that to you since you have more experience with those speakers. What would you suggest then?
Depends on the $$$ available.

T

Old 04-04-2019, 06:15 PM
WSDuke
Novice

So I stopped by the local audio shop today. Very well known, very well respected shop. Really good guys. They love Focal and, after hearing it, I have to admit I was impressed. They referred to the speakers in levels. Those flax cone speaks sounded awesome. They were powered by the Focal 4350. Component for the front stage and coaxial in the rear. That setup provided all the thump I am looking for. However, it isn't cheap stuff. That was the sound I'm after. Now I know what it costs 😣😭

Old 04-04-2019, 10:07 PM
eggwhite93
Road Captain

Received 86 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
I ran the shix out of those speakers today and I just don't think that they have the "hard hitting" qualities the OP has indicated he is in search of. However they do very well with the clean and loud with fairly moderate
T
T
What would you suggest one would use in the fairing vs the MMats 601cx in the same price range? Would be using the MMats 4110 amp and 601cx in TP pods.

Quick Reply: Need system recommendations for my '18 RGS