Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need system recommendations for my '18 RGS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 03:09 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
With your budget, that focal sport and a dsp will eat it up in a hurry. I ran a focal for a while and with a boom hu and line levelers in play, it just didn't produce the SQ that I liked. It has a ton of power but is bright and very precise. Not sure what speakers will fit in your new TP as I don't run one of those either. With the wdx being bright, it will be better suited from the rear as that brightness can be heard better in the rear at speed. Those hertz 1650's are damn good SQ but will eat your budget just for them.

I am currently running a stinger spx 700.4 amp and couldn't be happier. It is loud, warm easy to install and easy to tune. You will need a amp install wire kit regardless of what amp you get. For your speakers just research some that are weather resistant for the TP as they will be in direct contact to rain when riding. Those wdx fit that requirement but again not sure they will fit in the TP. My go to speaker for the fairing has been the hertz hcx
's as they are a solid performer and are bullet proof. Although I haven't heard the new mmats pa 6.5 coax, I am currently running the mmats 6x9 coax in my lids and they are just loud as hell and really pound. Others that have tried the new mmats pa 6.5 coax have rated them well.
Thanks for sharing!!! Do u think it might just be a matter of watts that are being applied to the speaker? When I tune the various amps I tinker with to the same voltage/wattage they are all pretty damn similar with the exception of the larger chassis JLs, which are in a class of their own.

T

Old 04-03-2019, 03:25 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

OP, do u have a list of items that u are committed to?

BT355s?

I would put the Mmats 601cx on ur list for the TP.

T

Old 04-03-2019, 03:29 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

cxUOTE=Tailwind;18155495]Thanks for sharing!!! Do u think it might just be a matter of watts that are being applied to the speaker? When I tune the various amps I tinker with to the same voltage/wattage they are all pretty damn similar with the exception of the larger chassis JLs, which are in a class of their own.

T[/QUOTE]

It very well could be that. Then again I have always believed that it doesn't take a bunch of power to make a setup sound good and the more power the less SQ is achieved. If a speaker is rated at 100w rms and you throw 200x at it, the SQ will suffer. I recently bought the new nvx vadm4 to run bridged to my mmats pa 690.4cx's in the lids. After setting it up that way, the SQ wasn't the same as just running them off the rear channels of the stinger so I switched it back and I like the SQ from that set up better. Then again, I am old and half def.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:10 PM
WSDuke
Novice
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm soaking up the suggestions.

Tailwind
I'm not 100% committed to anything but the bike. I love that the Mmats are made right here in the good ole USA. I've never heard them but I'm a fan for that reason if nothing else. I'm open to any and all ideas.

The brighter speakers in the rear make sense. Just wondering if I can find anthing for the fairing to provide that full sound and a good hit. I know I'm not getting bass out of a 6.5 but I've heard guys get a solid thump that represent the lower frequencies well enough that you don't feel like you're really missing it.

Old 04-03-2019, 04:36 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Right on WS Duke. The reason I suggest the list is to nail down as much as u can identify then get the highest quality stuff possible for you fairing & the amp.

BT355
Mmats 601cx
Amp wiring kit
Stinger amp
Various install accessories & wiring.
1/4" to 1/2 spacer for TP Pods depending on pod type.

The remainder on fairing speakers.

When u come up with that # I'm sure it will make ur fairing speaker selection a bit easier.

T

Old 04-03-2019, 04:50 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 621 Posts

4 Mmats PA 601cx, roughly 400, fairing and pods
DD Audio Dsi2, roughly 250
amp of choice, MMats MD4110, Stinger SPX 700, SD Evo800.4, the mmats and Stinger can be had for around 300, the SD and others go up from there, the SD MAP pricing is 360.00 but the better the amp the better the overall deal, so 1010 would give you the speakers, the dsp and the SD Evo800.4, with room for later expansion if deemed necessary, and sound pretty damn good.
m

Old 04-03-2019, 04:58 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Guess I need to try a set of the mmats 601 cx as I cant say anything about them unless I have heard/tried them.

Old 04-03-2019, 05:05 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Guess I need to try a set of the mmats 601 cx as I cant say anything about them unless I have heard/tried them.
They are a solid damn play in the lowers and TP!!!

T

Old 04-03-2019, 05:22 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
They are a solid damn play in the lowers and TP!!!

T
That's where I plan on trying them. I currently have sv's in there now. I like the sv's but as you have said those 601 cx's are solid. For my listening taste, it will be hard to beat those sv's though.

Getting back to the subject, Duke that setup Tailwind suggested will do you justice. Question though, do you have fade control now? If not do you want to fade front to rear?

Last edited by travelingypsye; 04-03-2019 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-03-2019, 07:26 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 621 Posts

ya need some, Gypsie?
m

Quick Reply: Need system recommendations for my '18 RGS