Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 SGS Audio Upgrade Questions/Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2019, 07:03 AM
EEZZRIDE
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 SGS Audio Upgrade Questions/Advice

Howdy all (again), back in the bike business (again), previously lived in the burbs of Houston, now in the backwoods in okie land, not new to the world or the forum, this will be HD #5 and the 2nd 2014 SGS. I see a bit has changed since I done my NEW 2014 SGS audio system back in 2014, I just wanted to pose some questions to see If i'm headed the right direction since some things have changed.
1. My previous setup was the old PBR 300/2 mounted on the tray from ebay.
2. Fairing speakers were JL Audio C5-650X (I thought they sounded awesome) I modified the cube to fit them inside, had to run them without the grill, woofer suspension hit.
3. I chose the JL speakers because I previously had run a complete JL Audio system (5 channel Amp, Sub, forward and rear speakers) in a 27' go fast, be loud Crownline boat and really liked the sound (It would like make waves out from the boat......ha.......kidding, but it did sound damn good).

I've browsed thru the forum a bit, but to save months of reading just figured I'd throw in kinda what I thought about I'd go for setup(I gotta ditch this stock radio crap for I go nutz from the absolute terrible sound). Feel free to chime in I'm sure after almost 5 years there may be better stuff out there/different way do things.
1. Focal FDP Sport Amp 4 channel (I see I don't need the amp tray that this will fit right onto the stock HU???)
A. Do I still need to use a remote turn on for the amp? As I recall I ran a wire for the PBR down to the cig lighter b4.
2. I was thinking going back with the JL C5-650x mounted on BT114 Speaker brackets in the fairing. (I don't know if these will fit the BT114 brackets or not, might have to stand them off, id soon leave the stock grills in place). Other recommendations for speakers ?? These 650x's are $466/pr on ebay.
3. BT355 line levelers X 2 (I'm thinking doing saddle bag speakers)(which connectors to specify for each???)
4. I see there were postings about RCA cables and install wiring (power wire 8 ga) from sonic electonix. Is the install wiring kit good stuff or should I opt for piecing this out??? (seems like I used 6 gauge marine cable last time, the stuff that has a really flexible coating, easy to run and maneuver.
5. I see there are bag lids available on ebay for 6X9's are these good quality lids??
A. https://www.ebay.com/itm/6x9-Speaker...e/162651692551
6. Recommendations for good 6x9 bag speakers?? Something that doesn't break the bank and still sound good powered by my amp choice, obviously these should prolly b waterproof.
A. I'm guessing if I want F+R fade I will have to take it in to the stealership for a flash??
7. And............anything else I've forgotten/overlooked???

Thanks in advance.........EeZz