Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aquatic av stereo and Clarion amp install

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 12:44 PM
airwv
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aquatic av stereo and Clarion amp install

So I have a 2000 ultra classic and just bought the Aquatic AV AQ-MP-5BT-H stereo an a Clarion XC2410 400W amp. I had previously upgraded the speakers to hogtunes. I have never wired up an amp before. Any suggestions on how with these two particular items.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:44 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Are you asking about speakers or power and ground for the amp? Run power and ground directly from the battery. The remote turn on can be done from the radio. It has a remote on wire to connect. The speaker inputs from the radio to the amp are straight forward. front channels, left and right and the same for rear. Speaker wires from the amp to the speakers are also marked for appropriate locations. The radio is plug and play, the factory harness will plug right into the radio.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:16 PM
airwv
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SG-Jay
Are you asking about speakers or power and ground for the amp? Run power and ground directly from the battery. The remote turn on can be done from the radio. It has a remote on wire to connect. The speaker inputs from the radio to the amp are straight forward. front channels, left and right and the same for rear. Speaker wires from the amp to the speakers are also marked for appropriate locations. The radio is plug and play, the factory harness will plug right into the radio.
I'm confused on the output from the stereo. I only see one left and right out. How will I run 4 speakers off that?

Old 03-08-2019, 04:48 PM
SG-Jay
Road Captain
Received 63 Likes on 49 Posts

Ok, you have the basic model. You will have to use a RCA Y splitter to split the signal for 4 speakers.These are also called low level outputs.This would only allow you to have either fade, or balance control, but not both. Or if you amplifer has high level inputs, which it looks like it does, you can use the speaker leads instead. Easily identified as + or - and left, right, front, rear. I have the higher end Aquatic, it has 4 RCA's or low level outputs.