Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10" sub mount

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2019, 09:42 PM
Lucky 7 Custom Cycles
Banned
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

To get the real deep bass they need to be ported correctly. Ports tuned correctly and accurately will give you exactly what your looking for.

Old 01-08-2019, 09:31 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

I think the average rider would benefit most from a 10" mid driver in an unsealed environment.

Just my $.02

Old 01-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Djcamis
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jt metal
Might just slam this kit in there and call it a day.....
https://www.americanhardbag.com/coll...-kits-for-bags
Jefe rings instead of this, The AHB kit has a v shape cut out and would have the speaker smack.

Old 01-08-2019, 04:53 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Joe, I can hear the 8's to about 65 mph ...then they start to fade.
I have to ask. And I trust you. Why stop at 8's? Cuz it's the same dollars to do 10's....

Old 01-08-2019, 05:29 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

I thought about it for quite a while, and have heard and saw installs of both. It came down to the fact that the 8's fit my system better at this time. I am still using tweeters in my fairing and pods, no horns on my bike yet, in my estimation in order to run tens I would need to run horns to balance out the sound. Would tens hit harder and lower, yes, I also thought about how much bag space the 10's would take up. I went with the Ground Zero GZCK mid woofers (yellow frame) which are rated at 150 rms which also worked with my present rear amp amp SS TN 900. It really sounds good and hits hard and is balanced with the rest of my audio...really happy..should have done it earlier! Saying all that, I will probably do 10's at some point...I have a total of $340 for speakers and install. (thanks to Rob)...hope this helps bro! Hope to see you this spring at the MNG!

Old 01-08-2019, 06:19 PM
jt metal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
I thought about it for quite a while, and have heard and saw installs of both. It came down to the fact that the 8's fit my system better at this time. I am still using tweeters in my fairing and pods, no horns on my bike yet, in my estimation in order to run tens I would need to run horns to balance out the sound. Would tens hit harder and lower, yes, I also thought about how much bag space the 10's would take up. I went with the Ground Zero GZCK mid woofers (yellow frame) which are rated at 150 rms which also worked with my present rear amp amp SS TN 900. It really sounds good and hits hard and is balanced with the rest of my audio...really happy..should have done it earlier! Saying all that, I will probably do 10's at some point...I have a total of $340 for speakers and install. (thanks to Rob)...hope this helps bro! Hope to see you this spring at the MNG!
I understand. Knowing you, the reproduction the 8's provide probably works perfectly with your system & music selection. Very balanced. Not over the top. I'm going to go in the same direction.

​​​​​​Thanks Mike. And yes I hope to see you in June.

The following users liked this post:
Moto Mike (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 11:14 PM
Deputyrj
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Default The “BabyBoy” Special

With 4” extended bags from AdvanBlack here is my setup with 6x9 lids, fairing, and 10” PVR’s done by the man mentioned above. I to was worried about bag space but a huge advantage of this mount with the stretched bags is the ten sits down and out of the way. Mine is a a little tight because of the 6x9’s so to make sure they have airspace and don’t get stabbed I added the chopped tour pack from HD and it has all the storage room I need.

The following users liked this post:
Moto Mike (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 11:28 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Very nice Deputy, can I ask what Lucky charged for that...and do the 10's fight the 6x9's..I have heard numerous times that the 10's and 6x9's don't work well together unless they are isolated from each other...thanks. MM

Old 01-08-2019, 11:53 PM
Deputyrj
Advanced
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

For price I defer to talking to “Babyboy through a PM but very reasonable, and a perfectionist. With both speakers I don’t notice them drowning each other out. The 10”s up until about 40mph are strong and deep but no matter how fast you can tell the 6x9’s are there. Because he directs the 6x9 towards you they have mid-range and high, while the tens give me the low end we were always searching for. Like most we started with fairing and amp.... not enough....then lids and bigger amp, not enough, then finally went with tens and for me I have no more space for more because I don’t want lowers so it’s enough.

I couldnt tell tell you a cost if I tried because he’s always been so good about me wanting to go bigger and for a couple product issues we’ve had. Full system is arc moto 600.1 for MMat fairings and DD 6x9’s, JL 500.1 for 2 10’s (all in fairing!) and arc DTS which is run through usb slot for him only to tune, because I shouldn’t.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:19 AM
marshallb
Road Warrior
Received 173 Likes on 158 Posts

So this is yours?

Attached Thumbnails 10" sub mount-photo500.jpg  

Quick Reply: 10" sub mount