Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Arc 600.4 and 602 motos. Best speakers to compliment with.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 04:11 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master
Received 188 Likes on 136 Posts
Default Arc 600.4 and 602 motos. Best speakers to compliment with.

winter is here in the Midwest and looking at your bike in the garage always has the tendency for you to throw money at it. As my title says I’m looking for speakers to compliment the system I already have. Will be adding lower fairing speakers only. Also I currently have no line levelers and it’s on a stock flash. Budget 1000.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:55 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 649 Likes on 547 Posts

Speakers are always a personal preference. For me a good set of pa style speakers in the lowers will add the volume needed to compliment the fairing and balance out your front end. I am running a set of hertz sv's in my lowers and really like the sound. You have plenty of highs coming from the 602's so IMO you don't need all those highs from the lowers.

Old 12-30-2018, 07:13 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Speakers are always a personal preference. For me a good set of pa style speakers in the lowers will add the volume needed to compliment the fairing and balance out your front end. I am running a set of hertz sv's in my lowers and really like the sound. You have plenty of highs coming from the 602's so IMO you don't need all those highs from the lowers.
the 602s have the lows covered. I love the full sound they have but they fade out going 70+. Ive been reading on here a lot and people have had success with prvs in the lowers and for the price it would be good to try it out. Do your hertz sv require you to run a separate tweeter?

Old 12-30-2018, 07:32 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 649 Likes on 547 Posts

The prv's are the same pa style speaker as the sv's. Those prv's will require shaving off the square corners to fit in the lower speaker pods and re-drill the mounting holes. The sv's will drop right in without any modifications. No need for tweeters down there as the 602's provide all the high end you need. There are guys who swear by the prv's and others who swear by the sv's as again speaker choice is personal preference. I have had both but like the sv's better. If you are determine to put a set of coax in the lowers, then a decent choice is the wdx motos as they are loud as hell, efficient and water proof.

Old 12-30-2018, 08:44 AM
DLennartz
Cruiser
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

T

​​​​​​To each their own. Personally I’ve run my lowers with and without the tweeters. The front sound stage widened tremendously with the instalation of the tweeters. I think that is attributed to the harmonics added to the lower notes which I believe are lost by limiting that portion of you soundstage to 3500 hz. I’m much older and I do have some high frequency hearing loss so that my have something to do with my preference in having full range speakers in my lowers. Just my two cents. Good luck.

Last edited by DLennartz; 12-30-2018 at 08:49 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:20 PM
Eric Steward
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

How are you running them , series/parallel ? also are you running one amp or two?

Old 12-31-2018, 01:56 AM
Dynaglide92
Road Master

Originally Posted by Eric Steward
How are you running them , series/parallel ? also are you running one amp or two?
however the instructions told me to. I’m not an audiophile so I really really am lacking in this area. But I do know the amp will handle another 2 speakers. Only have one amp

Old 12-31-2018, 09:26 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,238 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Dynaglide92
winter is here in the Midwest and looking at your bike in the garage always has the tendency for you to throw money at it. As my title says I’m looking for speakers to compliment the system I already have. Will be adding lower fairing speakers only. Also I currently have no line levelers and it’s on a stock flash. Budget 1000.
What year bike is this going on and what does the rest of your system consist of?

Old 12-31-2018, 09:39 AM
Eric Steward
Tourer

What is the model number on those?

Old 12-31-2018, 09:40 AM
Eric Steward
Tourer

Originally Posted by DLennartz
T

​​​​​​To each their own. Personally I’ve run my lowers with and without the tweeters. The front sound stage widened tremendously with the instalation of the tweeters. I think that is attributed to the harmonics added to the lower notes which I believe are lost by limiting that portion of you soundstage to 3500 hz. I’m much older and I do have some high frequency hearing loss so that my have something to do with my preference in having full range speakers in my lowers. Just my two cents. Good luck.
what is the model number of those in the lowers?

Quick Reply: Arc 600.4 and 602 motos. Best speakers to compliment with.