Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which amp fits 2014+ Street Glide ?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 10:01 AM
urslo
Cruiser
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Which amp fits 2014+ Street Glide ?????

I might be looking for a replacement amplifier or just something different. New models seem to show up every year.

Just wondering what fits on the tray above the radio. I really don't want to put anything in the bags. Trying to stay under $1k.

JL Audio MHD600/4 ????

Thanks,
Ron

Old 11-09-2018, 10:23 AM
KennyPowerz
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Arc Audio 600.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:32 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by urslo
I might be looking for a replacement amplifier or just something different. New models seem to show up every year.

Just wondering what fits on the tray above the radio. I really don't want to put anything in the bags. Trying to stay under $1k.

JL Audio MHD600/4 ????

Thanks,
Ron
whats on the bike.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:55 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

There are several amps that will fit in a batwing. If you use a jm tray the list gets even longer.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:13 AM
urslo
Cruiser

I bought the Biketronics amp tray and its just a flat aluminum plate. It really fits the Focal FDP amp well.
I"ll check into the J&M amplifier tray.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:15 AM
urslo
Cruiser

Focal FDP sport amp 4 x 175 watt
2-6.5 Hertz Mille components in fairing
2-6.5 Hertz Mille coaxials in the lowers

Just looking for an amp that's a little physically larger and/or warmer.

Old 11-12-2018, 10:29 AM
No U Glider
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 167 Posts

Just offering up, what is mostly 2nd hand opinion... Gonna be tough to replace your Focal with similar power and get something warmer, ARC Moto 600.4, BT 4250, get close to the power but the gurus have told me they are not considered "warm" Warm and JL amps get referenced together pretty often, but your going to give up some power JL 400/4 or 600/6 I've heard will fit on the tray, but don't recall the 600/4... Another thought would be to add a DSP to with your Focal I think you could warm it up a bit thru equalization...

The following users liked this post:
urslo (11-12-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 10:55 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Focal FDP sport amp 4 x 175 watt
2-6.5 Hertz Mille components in fairing
2-6.5 Hertz Mille coaxials in the lowers

Just looking for an amp that's a little physically larger and/or warmer.
Are you running a dsp or line levelers? Stock HU? I had that amp and it is a beast on power but just not real warm and I found the highs were ear piercing with the milles with that amp. If you are running a dsp then you can tame them a bit. If you are running a line levelers, those can be adjusted also.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 11-12-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 05:59 PM
urslo
Cruiser

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Are you running a dsp or line levelers? Stock HU? I had that amp and it is a beast on power but just not real warm and I found the highs were ear piercing with the milles with that amp. If you are running a dsp then you can tame them a bit. If you are running a line levelers, those can be adjusted also.
Currently I'm running the factory 2019 GTS head unit with a generic LOC, but popular opinion favors the Biketronics BT355 so I'll follow suit.(precursor to the DSP unit)
I guess with conventional speakers, i was looking for something a little easier to work with. Maybe its my old *** take on the newer class D amplifiers. I'm digging the physical size and rated power output, but they seem too be a tad harsh.
I completely understand the pro audio & HLCD speakers with DSP. been there, done that with wake boat tower speakers. This might be the best solution for a bike, as it has to overcome a tremendous amount of road noise but this comes with a very narrow bandwidth.

To add confusion to this never ending saga, there is a high probability of saddle bag lid speakers in my near future.
Can you stack 3 of the newest micro amps on the radio tray?

Old 11-12-2018, 07:21 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Currently I'm running the factory 2019 GTS head unit with a generic LOC, but popular opinion favors the Biketronics BT355 so I'll follow suit.(precursor to the DSP unit)
I guess with conventional speakers, i was looking for something a little easier to work with. Maybe its my old *** take on the newer class D amplifiers. I'm digging the physical size and rated power output, but they seem too be a tad harsh.
I completely understand the pro audio & HLCD speakers with DSP. been there, done that with wake boat tower speakers. This might be the best solution for a bike, as it has to overcome a tremendous amount of road noise but this comes with a very narrow bandwidth.

To add confusion to this never ending saga, there is a high probability of saddle bag lid speakers in my near future.
Can you stack 3 of the newest micro amps on the radio tray?
If you are running a metra LOC then that is preset and I will bet your highs from the milles are making your ears just bleed with that amp. Like I said, been there done that with that amp/speaker combo. If you are determined to change the amp, in my opinion the stinger spx 700/4 is just about as good as it gets being warm and loud. The jl amps are just as warm but not as much power unless bridged. SD 800.4 evo is another good sounding amp but you want to make sure you get the 4 ohm version. I am currently running the stinger and really like it.

The following users liked this post:
urslo (11-12-2018)

Quick Reply: Which amp fits 2014+ Street Glide ?????