Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on what to buy next 18 sg

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2018, 03:23 PM
SledHeadEd
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Advice on what to buy next 18 sg

So I started off with a jl mx280 bt355 bridged into hertz 165.3 Pro. In my option the bt355 was lacking mid to low end so played with adjustments. Got it sounding good but in my path to audio perfection I bought a dsr1, removed the bt355 and used a American hard bag speaker level resistor harness. I feel the sound is great using the signal processor but maybe a touch too much high. Started playing with the bandpass crossover and the dsr1 wigged out, made a high pitch squeal ended up frying the tweets in the two week old hertz.

So time to start over.

I got a set of lower with pods, thinking hertz st25 horns where mirrors went and 2 pair of prv mids(fairing and lowers) . Confused as to which prv to buy, buying a arc 600.4 amp but feel I'm gonna need more power. Anyone try any of this? Should I just get 2 pairs of arc 602's and abandon the super tweeter idea? Can I run the 600. 4 and mx280 in fairing?
I should have got the road glide 😅 as I'm getting a bit addicted to finding the best audio and need more room!

Thanks

Old 10-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,596 Likes on 3,245 Posts

If you are using the Biketronics pod eliminator brackets, you can put the Arc 600 on the tray and JL280 on the clutch side bracket. You may be able to slide the 280 in the cb hole if you lose the loop at the opening. I haven't tried that myself, but I have an NVX in thst location.

Old 10-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Xiviperi
So I started off with a jl mx280 bt355 bridged into hertz 165.3 Pro. In my option the bt355 was lacking mid to low end so played with adjustments. Got it sounding good but in my path to audio perfection I bought a dsr1, removed the bt355 and used a American hard bag speaker level resistor harness. I feel the sound is great using the signal processor but maybe a touch too much high. Started playing with the bandpass crossover and the dsr1 wigged out, made a high pitch squeal ended up frying the tweets in the two week old hertz.

So time to start over.

I got a set of lower with pods, thinking hertz st25 horns where mirrors went and 2 pair of prv mids(fairing and lowers) . Confused as to which prv to buy, buying a arc 600.4 amp but feel I'm gonna need more power. Anyone try any of this? Should I just get 2 pairs of arc 602's and abandon the super tweeter idea? Can I run the 600. 4 and mx280 in fairing?
I should have got the road glide 😅 as I'm getting a bit addicted to finding the best audio and need more room!

Thanks

2 amps in the fairing is very doable depending on the amps used. As for the ST25s mounted were the mirrors are on the inner fairing the STs are to deep and you will have to grind the magnet down to get the outer fairing to fit and modify the speaker pods.

Old 10-03-2018, 02:35 AM
SledHeadEd
Advanced

Good info, I was thinking I may have to get those brackets.

A friend of a friend owns DD Custom cycle and says these are the herts super tweeters. This is what got my wheels turning now. haha

My bike

Old 10-03-2018, 08:19 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

The DD BO B3 will fit in the grills with most woofers and the BT pod eliminators if ur not interested in drilling holes in your fairing.

T

Old 10-03-2018, 02:40 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
The DD BO B3 will fit in the grills with most woofers and the BT pod eliminators if ur not interested in drilling holes in your fairing.

T
Yes they do and look like this

Advice on what to buy next 18 sg-1538595677550.jpg

Old 10-03-2018, 03:44 PM
SledHeadEd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Tailwind

T
Good advice thank you

Old 10-06-2018, 02:56 AM
SledHeadEd
Advanced

Originally Posted by Babyboy
Yes they do and look like this

Attachment 595778
Babyboy thanks for all the help.! I'm gonna come by and hear what you got cooking this weekend.

I think I'm settled on a game plan. Bt pod eliminator brackets, 2 pair of prv 6mr500 , arc 600.4, dd v03's in speaker grill, keeping mx280 for tweets and running prvs off arc. Eventually doing dd vo 6x9's and another pair of horns in bag lids. Which I may have to go to a different amp at that point .

My only question is should I make one of my pairs of 6.5's a aw 6.5 for its lower response?

Old 10-11-2018, 08:30 PM
Fullbore55
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,755 Likes on 1,269 Posts

Originally Posted by SledHeadEd
For sure! (Esp for the ride!)

Old 10-12-2018, 07:19 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by SledHeadEd
Babyboy thanks for all the help.! I'm gonna come by and hear what you got cooking this weekend.

I think I'm settled on a game plan. Bt pod eliminator brackets, 2 pair of prv 6mr500 , arc 600.4, dd v03's in speaker grill, keeping mx280 for tweets and running prvs off arc. Eventually doing dd vo 6x9's and another pair of horns in bag lids. Which I may have to go to a different amp at that point .

My only question is should I make one of my pairs of 6.5's a aw 6.5 for its lower response?
If you have a hard time finding the b3 horns, the audio legion alt 08 is a solid alternative.

Quick Reply: Advice on what to buy next 18 sg