Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing space

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 07:16 PM
SDrider
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fairing space

Im down to PRVs in fairing in BT speaker pods. B3 horns and then vo6x9s in the lids(possibly horns in future). Is it possible to get an arc psm, focal sport(PRVs and VOs), and say an nvx(horns) under the hood of a 14 street glide or is the second amp going in a bag? Or would i be better off with a 6 channel amp and a dsp in the fairing?

Old 09-16-2018, 07:35 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,596 Likes on 3,245 Posts

The Focal will fit on the tray, the NVX either in cb hole or on the clutch side bracket. The Psm will go wherever the NVX is not. Easy peasy!!!!

Old 09-16-2018, 09:51 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Dsm Limited
The Focal will fit on the tray, the NVX either in cb hole or on the clutch side bracket. The Psm will go wherever the NVX is not. Easy peasy!!!!
Yeah that^^^^^^^^^^^^^

T

Old 09-16-2018, 10:08 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

You can install JL's VXI 800/8 for the same price as the set up your talking about. It's an all in one unit that has a pass thru for a micro amp for a total of 10 channels thru the DSP. I've ran the Sport, PSM and other amps/DSPs and prefer the VXI over them. It's in my 14 SG on a J&M tray. It's not waterproof, but I put a cutting board over it and been running it for a few months without any issues.

Old 09-17-2018, 07:09 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ron D 33
You can install JL's VXI 800/8 for the same price as the set up your talking about. It's an all in one unit that has a pass thru for a micro amp for a total of 10 channels thru the DSP. I've ran the Sport, PSM and other amps/DSPs and prefer the VXI over them. It's in my 14 SG on a J&M tray. It's not waterproof, but I put a cutting board over it and been running it for a few months without any issues.

What speakers u feeding with that amp?

T

Old 09-17-2018, 07:54 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Man that thing looks sexy! The Vic I was looking at had one VXI 800/8 in each bag. It made tuning a breeze!

Old 09-17-2018, 09:37 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by haze324
Man that thing looks sexy! The Vic I was looking at had one VXI 800/8 in each bag. It made tuning a breeze!
Thanks Haze! I like JLs TuN program and those amps are really efficient and the temp doesn't get too hot either. Todd I'm running the JL 880s in a VooDoo pak and Faital PR 122s are in parralel in the fairing and lids. The amp is bridged stereo to all the speakers to squeeze the most out of it. The horns in the fairing are the Audio Legion ALT08s off the Focal Impulse. I was going to put some in the rear too off the other two channels, but between the JLs and Faitals I don't need anymore highs.

Last edited by Ron D 33; 09-17-2018 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-17-2018, 10:10 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member

Thanks Haze! I like JLs TuN program and those amps are really efficient and the temp doesn't get too hot either. Todd I'm running the JL 880s in a VooDoo pak and Faital PR 122s are in parralel in the fairing and lids. The amp is bridged stereo to all the speakers to squeeze the most out of it. The horns in the fairing are the Audio Legion ALT08s off the Focal Impulse. I was going to put some in the rear too off the other two channels, but between the JLs and Faitals I don't need anymore highs.
So basically ur running the 800/8 as a 4 channel amp w damn good power right!!! Plus the Impulse. That's damn good power right there and very high quality watts too!!

Very nice setup brother!!!

T

Old 09-17-2018, 11:11 AM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind
So basically ur running the 800/8 as a 4 channel amp w damn good power right!!! Plus the Impulse. That's damn good power right there and very high quality watts too!!

Very nice setup brother!!!

T
Thanks T! Yes it's just running as 4 channels. I'm moving to Texas today and hope to see what the scene is like there once I get settled in.

Old 09-17-2018, 11:39 AM
SDrider
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks for the info guys

rob, if youre only using it as a 4 channel how come did you decide on that one and not get a higher juiced 4 channel and a dsp to cover both amps? Btw, It looks great and im sure sounds just as good.

Quick Reply: Fairing space