Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Newbie-2005 Ultra stereo upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 05:37 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

I just installed one for a guy this wknd. Nothing but treble and bass for tuning options on that HU. For someone trying to build a killer system that will be your weakest link. They make moisture barriers you can stick on for inclement weather and have plenty of great aftermarket HU's to choose from. I'm not here to take your money. I'm just trying to be truthful as far as your HU choice.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:57 PM
Lucky 7 Custom Cycles
Banned
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
I just installed one for a guy this wknd. Nothing but treble and bass for tuning options on that HU. For someone trying to build a killer system that will be your weakest link. They make moisture barriers you can stick on for inclement weather and have plenty of great aftermarket HU's to choose from. I'm not here to take your money. I'm just trying to be truthful as far as your HU choice.
There are better choices, but for him, his riding style, and music it was a great choice for him.. I think hes pretty happy with it. Its very loud and clear.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:45 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by TXPhil
I live in Burleson, south of Fort Worth.

I will update after it is complete. Where's the cold one gonna be at Tailwind?
Let me know if ur gonna hit Lone Star. U could jam down 35 to 77 and chill a night at Lake Somerville w us then roll to Lone Star via the beach route.

Can't wait to hear ur setup brother!!!! Post up some reviews after a few miles under ur belt.

T

Old 10-11-2018, 11:36 PM
slodsm
Road Master
Received 353 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by TXPhil
I live in Burleson, south of Fort Worth. I would definitely like to check out those JL880s and crack a cold one. I went to Lucky 7 Custom Cycles today and met Louie and Heath. Super friendly, listened to what I am looking for, let me listen to some of the bikes they are working on and explained everything to me so I could understand. Made the decision to pull the trigger and go with them for the install.

HU: Aquatic aq-mp-5ubt-hs
Fairing: Beyma coaxle 6.5
Lowers and rear pods: Beyma GMND 6.5
Amps: SoundDigital 800x4, SoundDigital 400.2

It was a difficult choice between the Hertz and Beyma but in the end I liked the mid sound of the Beyma.

I will let the lids go for now and see what how I like this set up. After a lot of discussion with Louie about my riding habits and music I feel this is the best set up for me at the moment. The price for the parts and install can't be beat. I take it this Wednesday and will get it back on Friday. Had I done this myself it would have been a week or so project.

Next week my bike is going to JBC Performance Cycles for an engine freshening that Josh and I have been discussing for quit sometime now.

Thank you to everyone, especially Tailwind, Travelingypsye and Badazzpred, yall have led to me in the right direction.

I will update after it is complete. Where's the cold one gonna be at Tailwind?

Hell Phil we're neighbors, I live in South bend by Alsbury/John Jones.

I think you'll be happy with just about anything Louie does for you. He did some painting and other stuff on my last Softie a couple of years ago when he was still over off 820 and his work is top notch. Once I get good game plan for the Ultra with what I want it to end up at I'll be taking it back to him. Don't know if you've ever dealt with Steve at GMR up in Keller but he's a damn good motor builder/tuner as well. He built my last motor for me and I ran the hell out of that thing with zero issues. We are lucky to have a lot of badass shops in our local area.