Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Adding high end to vo 6x9 rear stage

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 10:58 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
I normally runs horns up front on my set ups and firmly believe that if your highs are loud enough up front, to the point where some folks think that horns are "too bright" then you really don't need MORE highs from behind you while you ride. Get the front to sound perfect and the rest should just be fill (similar to how car's are set up). Trying messing with your EQ some and raising your higher frequencies a bit and see if that helps!
Definitely That!!

Old 09-11-2018, 11:47 PM
Kitsoldman
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
I normally runs horns up front on my set ups and firmly believe that if your highs are loud enough up front, to the point where some folks think that horns are "too bright" then you really don't need MORE highs from behind you while you ride. Get the front to sound perfect and the rest should just be fill (similar to how car's are set up). Trying messing with your EQ some and raising your higher frequencies a bit and see if that helps!
I can dig what your saying Alex however... I’m pretty much married to those at 28’s and as great as they sound I don’t think they can push the kind of air a quality horn will. I’m going to fight getting another amp to the bitter end but that end may be drawing near( damn unicorn) we’ll see. Hopefully the new head unit will open up some sonic options that the Sony just couldn’t produce 🤞

Old 09-11-2018, 11:55 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Kitsoldman

I can dig what your saying Alex however... I’m pretty much married to those at 28’s and as great as they sound I don’t think they can push the kind of air a quality horn will. I’m going to fight getting another amp to the bitter end but that end may be drawing near( damn unicorn) we’ll see. Hopefully the new head unit will open up some sonic options that the Sony just couldn’t produce 🤞
Have you thought about trying a different 6x9 like the hertz mpx 690.3? That will provide you the highs you are looking for without adding horns and have good lows too. Might be worth a thought instead of adding another amp.

Old 09-12-2018, 12:04 AM
Kitsoldman
Cruiser
Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Have you thought about trying a different 6x9 like the hertz mpx 690.3? That will provide you the highs you are looking for without adding horns and have good lows too. Might be worth a thought instead of adding another amp.
l just got a kenwood exelion 998, I’m hoping the deeper sound tweaking options will get me where I want to be. If that comes up short everything is on the table, that hertz name sounds expensive 😉