Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Quick Detatch for King Tourpack

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2018 | 07:31 AM
iceman5218
|
Road Captain
Default Quick Detatch for King Tourpack

Just bought a 2016 SG and put a HD King Tourpack on the back of it. After doing a VIN check I come to find out it was originally an Ultra and the original owner converted it to an SG front to back. Question is how to add speakers to the Tourpack and not lose the quick disconnect capability.

I’d also like to upgrade the sound a little as well. I’m sure this is not a new question but the couple of searches I did came up no content. If someone could provide the info and/or a link it would be appropreciated.

Old 09-04-2018 | 08:00 AM
MegaJohn
Cruiser

Well... I have a 2009 Ultra Classic so I'll take the first stab at this. I'm not familiar with the King Tour Pack. Does it have the antennas, lights, and speaker pods or is it just a plain box?

My Ultra's tour pack has tail lights in the box as well as FM & CB antennas and speaker pods on the front of it. The speaker pods include volume up/down/PTT for the CB on one side and the other has frequency up/down/source for the audio. There are separate harnesses under the seat for each speaker pod (two 6-pin connectors), lights (one 6 or 4 pin connector) and antennas (2 - one is a standard automobile FM connector the other is a screw-on type connector). In theory... if you have the connections under the seat (and they're still connected in the fairing) and you have the connections on the tour pack then you should be able to connect everything up and go.

I would expect the connections are under the seat and if you still have the factory H/U then they're probably still connected. The next step would be to test the connections (if you can) and setup the tour pack with the connections.

Ride Safely!
John.

Old 09-04-2018 | 09:10 AM
iceman5218
|
Road Captain

My Tourpack is basically a color matched box with hinges and a latch. So no antenna or lights etc. Hearing there are already connections under the seat for speakers is promising, but I’m sure it’s just for the factory speakers. I’ve been told if I want stage 2 speakers I’ll have to add an amp and this lose my quick disconnect capabilities.

Old 09-04-2018 | 09:36 AM
MegaJohn
Cruiser

There are other options. My connectors are Deutsch 6-pin comnectors. You can find them on Amazon. You can then wire up your speakers to the mating connector and presto change-o... you have factory disconnects. Now finding speakers that will sound good with the factory h/u... that might be more trouble.

If it were me and I just wanted to use the factory setup... I'd confirm the connections are under the seat and hooked up. Then I'd look for a set of speaker pods... I assume they fit your tour pack. Then I'd find someone who upgraded their sound system and selling their oem speakers.

You may be able to find a set of speaker pods and speakers on eBay or at a used parts house.

Ride safely!
John.

Old 09-04-2018 | 09:40 AM
MegaJohn
Cruiser

I'm not certain your year/model used the same connectors as mine. But if you start googling with the name/markings on the connector, I'm sure they're available after market. There's a lot of information online to show you how to wire the pins... it takes a bit of time to figure things out, but the info you need is probably online.

Ride Safely!
John.

Old 09-04-2018 | 06:13 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Riders Club Member

If the bike was originally an Ultra, there should be a wiring loom coiled under the seat. It would have 2 connectors, 1 being speakers and the other for lights on the stock tp. There should also be an fm antenna connector as well, unless the old owner used it for the SG antenna. If thats there and unmolested you'll be good to go. Is the King tp you have from a 14 and newer?