Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage 2 Audio not as good as before

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 01:01 PM
NotAknucklehead
Advanced
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Stage 2 Audio not as good as before

Is there any way someone could reset my radio (2014 flhtk) without hooking up to the Harley Digital Tech software?
Reason I'm asking is i was reasonably happy with my sound after getting the boom system installed... 3 years all was ok.. I brought the bike a few months back to an indy, not knocking him cause I can't know for sure, but now I'm thinking maybe he is a bit scketcy..

I noticed on the ride home, the bikes sound system sounds like poop. I don't think it's a blown speaker (unless the indy blew all 4) and was wondering if unbennouned to me they may have reset the head unit to the factory "no amp" setting...

could they? Any way to see the config without the software?

off the main topic, but figure what the hell..
Other sketchy thing was, I do all my fluids once or twice a year. Always have. Drain plug is always put in to 22 ft lbs. (If my memory is correct) never have I seen it loose. Told indy dude I had a 4-5 day trip planned a day or two after picking up the bike, please give it a professional once over... get bike home and decide to dump last season's fluids (even though I changed at end of last season) cause I'm **** and figured fresh is better. Go to loosen the drain plug, effin thing was 3 turns away from falling out.. I check crap religiously and than check again the next day to be sure I wasn't having a senior moment... so, I'd imagine a ton of posts with folks pissed off if this crap happens by it self, me just thinking this indy is no bueno...