Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Box 4.3, Bluetooth, and wireless headset

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 12:23 AM
peteknok06
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boom Box 4.3, Bluetooth, and wireless headset

So, I have been trying to figure this out for a little while now and not sure what I'm missing.

What I want to be able to do is connect my phone via bluetooth to the boom box 4.3 infotainment system and play my music through pandora, apple music, spotify or whatever it may be. At the same time, I want my phone to be connected to my wireless headset and be able to receive calls through the headset.

I am able to pair everything but whenever a call comes in it goes to the boom box. I've gone through the bluetooth settings and found that I could disable phone call capabilities through boom box and just do music, but I can't set that as a default setting. Anyone know how to do that or is it even possible?

I know its a small matter but maybe I'm not the only one that wants this capability. So I wanted to see what responses/solutions/comments I could get.

Old 08-29-2018, 04:41 PM
rlager
Cruiser
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Normally you would want to pair the phone to the Boombox, and the headset to the boombox and whenever a call comes in you would just answer it over the headset (through the boombox). Unfortunately, Harley didn't really build in much (read any) support for Bluetooth headsets into either of the Boom Audio infotainment systems (4.3 or 6.5). This leaves you with two choices really - the purchase of an expensive WHIM (Wireless Headset Interface Module) from HD, but I don't think that works with the Boom 4.3 infotainment system so that one is out.

The remaining solution is the Sena Freewire. Also not cheap but not as much as the boom. The freewire plugs into the 7 pin Harley Davidson plug that is usually used for Harley (and other brands) 7 pin wired headsets. If you don't have one on your bike it can be added. Once you have the sena freewire plugged in, you can then pair your Bluetooth headset with it, and use it to listen to music, answer calls, talk on the CB, etc.

Couple of issues though - like I said, I'm not sure it will work with the 4.3 infotainment system. If it does though it should do what you need it to do.

The following users liked this post:
peteknok06 (08-30-2018)
Old 09-15-2018, 04:51 PM
GBAlonso
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wireless Headset

If you have the DIN 7 connector you may look at this thread

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...-solution.html

It works fine, as if you were with the cable