Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you run an SPL 8" woofer off the sub out RCA's

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2018, 07:56 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Yeah bro they all kick azz but...Dale 10' Crescendo neo ...Frenchie PRV ??...Andy 10' Grd. 0 CZCK...Mich Matt. PRV 8mb600...throw a dart lol! Seriously some require more power then I have...I could bridge back 2 channels, and run 2 8ohm in parallel at 450 rms...but that amp gets hot now running 4 channels in stereo...not gonna bridge would get too hot! In stereo only 150 (if that) the Grd 0 czck 8 spl is rated at 150 rms and hits lower (supposedly) 50Hz then all the others but is it any good, nobody has run it??

Old 08-16-2018, 08:18 PM
FrenchieM
Road Warrior
Received 185 Likes on 156 Posts

Mike

I was in the same boat as you last year and you need to nix the sub thought you would just bewasting your time and money. That’s the wrong unicorn to chase for sled audio I’m running the 8mb600 forte 8ohm same as Matt. Also why so he’ll bent on those lower frequencies. I will tell you this I originally had mine crossed at 50 at the MNG. Since then Have set them to I believe 68 or 72 can’t remember without our opening up laptop. Night and day difference much tighter with more punch and less muddy at higher volumes. You will never ever here those low frequencies when riding. You should come to the Grudgefest in Milwaukee and maybe get some ideas. Heck I may even think about selling my 8s but not quite ready to pull that trigger as I’m still debating my next move. As T said work smarter not harder. I know you want it now but keep doing your research and it will pay off in the end.

Old 08-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FrenchieM
Mike

I was in the same boat as you last year and you need to nix the sub thought you would just bewasting your time and money. That’s the wrong unicorn to chase for sled audio I’m running the 8mb600 forte 8ohm same as Matt. Also why so he’ll bent on those lower frequencies. I will tell you this I originally had mine crossed at 50 at the MNG. Since then Have set them to I believe 68 or 72 can’t remember without our opening up laptop. Night and day difference much tighter with more punch and less muddy at higher volumes. You will never ever here those low frequencies when riding. You should come to the Grudgefest in Milwaukee and maybe get some ideas. Heck I may even think about selling my 8s but not quite ready to pull that trigger as I’m still debating my next move. As T said work smarter not harder. I know you want it now but keep doing your research and it will pay off in the end.
Thanks Frenchie good advice..definitely like your bike and Matts! I am going to the Grudgefest....goal is to get it done by then, but I'm not going to rush it, but I am anxious. If it hits a little lower that's a good thing...I owe you some beers for fixing my idle problem, been running better...thanks!

Old 08-17-2018, 04:17 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Mike my advice to you is don’t plan your bag set up in a vacuum only think about that one upgrade. Some folks have mentioned doing a 10 instead, well do you have speakers in your lids? Would you have to change those, do you want to? I can’t stress enough that this is an audio system and not just a brand selection or one speaker upgrade, it’s just that a system.

Old 08-17-2018, 10:34 AM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by haze324
Mike my advice to you is don’t plan your bag set up in a vacuum only think about that one upgrade. Some folks have mentioned doing a 10 instead, well do you have speakers in your lids? Would you have to change those, do you want to? I can’t stress enough that this is an audio system and not just a brand selection or one speaker upgrade, it’s just that a system.
Hey Alex, I have the VO 6x9's in my lids, they aren't going anywhere if possible. Going to use channels 3&4 of a TN 900 either stereo 150 rms... or bridged (450 rms) with 8 0hm speakers in parallel, channel 1&2 will be running the lids and TP pods in parallel The only problem with running bridged is that amp gets HOT in the TP running in stereo, bridged would sizzle, and I'm sure I will be upgrading the TN when budget allows. Can you run a 6x9 in lids and a SPL woofer in the same bag and what speaker would you recommend with the 6x9's in the lids PRV 8 MB 600 ft ??? my up grades have to come like Johnny Cash's Cadillac one piece at a time...lol.. I would like to get this done before Grudge Fest in Wi....have a great vacation brother!

Old 08-17-2018, 11:14 AM
chaz00728
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
What driver do you recommend ,I am thinking of adding single 8" in each bag. I know you love what you do and it shows in your videos ! I have 6x9's in my lids now but willing to remove.

Old 08-17-2018, 01:47 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

If u guys remove your lids speaks and go with 10s inside the bags, how much sound are u going to give up when riding?

IMHO, for static display the 10s and no lids are hands down the way to go for midbass and bass but for riding I think each individual will have to decide based on your riding style as to what u are currently getting from ur lids, what an 8 and lid combo with deliver for the riding and static balance, or what will no lid speaks and a 10 will deliver for that individual riding style.

My lids deliver a ton for my riding style thus 8s inside the bags is a far as I go. Have ridden 10s and no lids and the sound goes away pretty damn fast but u retain the feel for a bit ways up the speed band. With the lids & 8s u will retain what u currently have but will loose the 8s inside the bags really damn fast as u roll down the road.

Very tuff call, very subjective and very much an individual preference.

Musical Moto Mike, u have put 65000 plus miles on your sled thus I could easily predict what system strategy you will take.

T

Old 08-29-2018, 11:03 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior

I decided to try the Ground Zero 8' CZCK 200spl...liked the specs .nobody's tried the 8' so....got them today! I'll install them after labor day with help from Baby B, hope they play as well as the specs say they should!