Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best P&P speakers

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Bigdenjw
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best P&P speakers

Looking for recommendations on the best plug and play options to upgrade fairing speakers...made tour pack removable and now have real crap sound...

Old 08-06-2018, 07:25 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 114 Posts

What year bike? What kind of bike? Budget?

Old 08-07-2018, 05:46 PM
tylerfj24
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have 2018 SGS and I am interested in this question as well. I tried boom II front fairing only and was not happy. were not loud enough. as long as I stayed under 50mph everything was great.

I need something that will be awesome at speeds up to 80mph. What can I get that I can use just in the fairing alone that will satisfy my needs? OR DO I have to have lid speakers to make it all work? I am not using lower fairing ever so no need for that and no tourpak.. So its either fairing only or fairing plus lids (and amp obviously.)

thanks..

PS: the Rockford kit looks appealing but everyone who talks about it on here loves the amp but says the speakers lack. I would prefer a speaker that has a seperate tweeter that sits in the speaker housing itself. One of our custom speaker builders here in town loves to get tweet horns and put them in the fairing somewhere inplace of mirrors or two gauges and that just isnt an option for me.

Old 08-07-2018, 09:40 PM
jory434
Road Warrior
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Plug and play isnt something thats easy to achieve when you wanna listen to quality tunes at 80 mph. Youre gonna need an amp and some 6.5" speakers to be in that category. Lots of info lying in this section of the forum to search, and ultimately the result of your build will be determined by your budget. Buy the best amp you can buy right now, cause the speaker game is never ending once you get the bug!!

The plug and play kits arent what youre after. We have done it. We know. There are cheaper packages you can buy and install that are gonna blow any plug and play kit outta the water. If you do what Im telling you, you wont make the same mistake i made with a plug and play kit!

Old 08-07-2018, 11:03 PM
Sturgis67
Road Master
Received 117 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by jory434
Plug and play isnt something thats easy to achieve when you wanna listen to quality tunes at 80 mph. Youre gonna need an amp and some 6.5" speakers to be in that category. Lots of info lying in this section of the forum to search, and ultimately the result of your build will be determined by your budget. Buy the best amp you can buy right now, cause the speaker game is never ending once you get the bug!!

The plug and play kits arent what youre after. We have done it. We know. There are cheaper packages you can buy and install that are gonna blow any plug and play kit outta the water. If you do what Im telling you, you wont make the same mistake i made with a plug and play kit!
this is a fact, nobody
here will ever recommend any pnp system. There are much better systems to be had for much less. Do a search, or listen to the guru recommendations that are sure to come.
​​​​
​​​