Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth intercoms

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 12:03 PM
stixvrad
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 9,161 Likes on 3,653 Posts
Default Bluetooth intercoms

I was in the market for an intercom system so the wife and I can talk on rides ( I know, why?) . I wanted something that connects with all brands and is easy to use/set up.
I ordered the Sena 20S Evo but had a bear of a time getting the thing to let me share music with my wife AND use the intercom at the same time ( multi-function audio).
Got to the point I gave up. Sena seems set on using robotic help agents and just emailing you videos to help. The same videos I used from their website to try to fix it on my own.
I sent them back and ordered the Cardo Pack Talk Bold. I installed them and the set up is easier, and you can share music BUT you cant use the intercom to talk while sharing music.
You have to hit one button to switch from intercom to music, then back again to hear music. Or, the passenger listens to their own music after paring the headset to their music source.
Not a big deal.. The voice command being always on is a nice feature, and once I get the common commands committed to memory, will make things easy. Speakers are sizable and required a little trimming of plastic indies the helmet to create a small pocket.
Not cheap by any standards but the Mesh tech should make it a snap to link up to other riders. Sound quality is good,but haven't had a chance to try them on the road. Just wanted to share what I've found to this point.
Not sure if I should have given the Sena a better chance of working but at this point no turning back anyway.