Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speakers for lowers on liquid cooled bike

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 10:51 AM
Sputter
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Speakers for lowers on liquid cooled bike

Hello All-
I'm just starting to pull together an updated sound system for my 2014 Ultra limited. I've got a RF T400x4ad that has yet to be installed. The bike has hog-tunes speakers in the fairing and I'm assuming the same in the passenger back rest. I plan to upgrade fairing and back rest speakers and add the lower pods. Hog tunes will sell their lowers minus the 362R 2 ohm speakers for a decent price. I've found a few threads talking about adding different speakers to the lowers but no-one seems to post finished results etc. I really can't relocate the coolant bottle as I have other goodies mounted behind that cover. Ideally I'm looking for suggestions on fairing speakers, passenger speakers, and lowers that won't break the bank but will sound good etc. Thanks ahead of time

Old 07-30-2018, 06:01 PM
Crotonrz
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...BoCe5YQAvD_BwE

For fitment there is literally nothing better than this setup. I don't really think much of Hog Tunes overall, but this is an excellent kit, and fitment is really nice. You are likely to run into a problem of needing another amp however, as I'm assuming all 4 channels of yours are used by the front and rear, although you could probably get away running both front and lower fairing speakers together, and rear separate.

Last edited by Crotonrz; 07-30-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 07-30-2018, 06:19 PM
Sputter
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crotonrz Thank you! So would you leave the HT speakers in there then? Would it be better to bridge my fronts and lowers then run the back separate, or to place a second amp in the system? At what point will I need to worry about the charging system.

Old 07-30-2018, 06:56 PM
Crotonrz
Cruiser
Received 57 Likes on 50 Posts

They've got a 6-speaker system running off a 4 channel amp in this package, and power seems to be same as yours, so I would maybe look at the installation instructions for this kit, so see how to wire 6 speakers into 4 channels. They do have the rear separate from the front and lowers.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...ltra-2014-2017

The following users liked this post:
Sputter (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 08:08 PM
Hoyt 1911A1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 445 Likes on 385 Posts

I'll just toss in what I did with my six speaker setup in case it shines light on the OPs question as to running speakers in PARALLEL, not BRIDGING (sorry for shouting it is easy to get the two terms confused sometimes).

On my four channel amp I put the speakers in the batwing fairing on the front channel, and put the speakers in the lowers and rear pods on the rear channel. The reason being is if you have the same wattage going to the fairing speakers and lowers you really won't be able to hear the lowers much. I can run the fader towards the rear and "bring up" the lower speakers so I get a really full sound stage up front in my face where it does the most good. The only down side is I don't always hear the rear speakers a lot depending on what helmet I am wearing, but they are plenty loud for a passenger.

If you are more concerned with hearing the rears than the lowers, then yes you could run all four front speakers on one channel, but the lowers would almost be a waste. I appreciate the wall of sound in front of me where I can hear it best. That also allows you to run different speakers in the batwing fairing and lowers so they can compliment each other as far as frequency response goes.

Just my .02.

The following users liked this post:
Sputter (07-30-2018)