Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio Flash

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2018, 01:07 PM
snarl16
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio Flash

I have the stage II boom audio upgrade in my 2015 RGS. It is setup for fairing speakers only but the amp basically sends 4 channels of sound (L/R tweeters, and L/R Sub). I recently had a problem where one of the channels stopped sending a signal to my sub so I bought a used amp to replace it with. When I installed this amp, there is very little sound output and I also have front/rear fade capability now. Is the radio flash controlled by the amp? When I put the old amp back in the fade capability goes away and I get much better sound output. I'm wondering if I need to go have the radio reflashed with the new amp. Can anyone advise?

Old 07-15-2018, 06:33 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by snarl16
I have the stage II boom audio upgrade in my 2015 RGS. It is setup for fairing speakers only but the amp basically sends 4 channels of sound (L/R tweeters, and L/R Sub). I recently had a problem where one of the channels stopped sending a signal to my sub so I bought a used amp to replace it with. When I installed this amp, there is very little sound output and I also have front/rear fade capability now. Is the radio flash controlled by the amp? When I put the old amp back in the fade capability goes away and I get much better sound output. I'm wondering if I need to go have the radio reflashed with the new amp. Can anyone advise?
You have two very defined paths u can take here. Stay all Boom or ditch the Boom and go aftermarket. There is no in between.

Regarding the flash, it's associated w the HU and not the amp.

T

Old 07-15-2018, 07:35 PM
snarl16
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
You have two very defined paths u can take here. Stay all Boom or ditch the Boom and go aftermarket. There is no in between.

Regarding the flash, it's associated w the HU and not the amp.

T
The boom upgrade was on the bike when I bought it. I wouldn't have spent that much money for the system myself. At this point though it was easier just to throw a new amp in since everything is plug and play. Found a used amp for $150 so it made sense to stick with this setup to me. Talked to the dealer this afternoon and they said it needs reflashed. They said every amp and headunit has a unique part number that have to be paired together. It goes in Friday so I'll find out if they know what they're talking about then.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:53 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,465 Likes on 3,227 Posts

I'm not saying they do know what they're talking about, but it does make sense. GM & Chrysler with can-bus needs flashed for every component in the audio system. Actually almost every electronic component in the can-bus system needs flashed/programmed