Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hertz Cento Pro 6.5" 2-Way Coaxial Speakers - CPX 165 PRO

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2018, 08:06 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Got my interest. I have a set on the way along with a set of the cpx 690's.
you driving them with the RF TM400X4AD? Report back with your thoughts on them.

Old 07-16-2018, 08:09 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by InthewindMN

you driving them with the RF TM400X4AD? Report back with your thoughts on them.
I will be using the tm400 or a stinger or both. I will when they get here. Been on vaca and getting caught up from that.

Old 07-16-2018, 09:02 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Got my interest. I have a set on the way along with a set of the cpx 690's.
U sure u don't work for Hertz?

Luv,
T

Old 07-16-2018, 09:30 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tailwind
U sure u don't work for Hertz?

Luv,
T
Dammit T I work for RF. We had this discussion. Need a tm400? What I need to do is start working for someone that sells pro audio so I can get a discount for that stuff.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 07-16-2018 at 09:33 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 12:54 PM
screaminyz
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Any update on these new Hertz CPXs, interested in hearing what you think of them travelingypsye.

Old 07-26-2018, 01:39 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

I have a set for sale in the sale section. I got them in and tried them. As far as highs and mids go, they aren't as ear piercing as the mpx. The soft dome tweeters are warm but not as loud as the hcx. They are a viable speak for up front. The cpx 690's are about the same description. Warm, good highs and lows just not as loud as the mpx 690.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 07-26-2018 at 01:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2018, 10:14 PM
screaminyz
Advanced

Travelingypsye,
Thank you for the info. I’m in the process of figuring out what to buy for a 4 speaker setup and just curious what you would recommend for a warm 6.5 front that could keep up with the pioneer pro 6900 rear going in lids. I haven’t bought the pioneers yet but I was thinking I would get them and figure out a good loud warm front speaker that would work well together.
Bike is a 09 Street Glide I just bought a few weeks ago. Currently has Alpine SPR 60s coaxial front, hog tunes lids with
hog tunes 6x9 speakers, Rockford PBR 300x4 amp. Sony MEX70BT headunit. I don’t do much highway riding mostly around town under 50, but would want it loud enough to be able to hear it on highway with no issues.

Thanks,

Last edited by screaminyz; 07-26-2018 at 10:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:14 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by screaminyz
Travelingypsye,
Thank you for the info. I’m in the process of figuring out what to buy for a 4 speaker setup and just curious what you would recommend for a warm 6.5 front that could keep up with the pioneer pro 6900 rear going in lids. I haven’t bought the pioneers yet but I was thinking I would get them and figure out a good loud warm front speaker that would work well together.
Bike is a 09 Street Glide I just bought a few weeks ago. Currently has Alpine SPR 60s coaxial front, hog tunes lids with
hog tunes 6x9 speakers, Rockford PBR 300x4 amp. Sony MEX70BT headunit. I don’t do much highway riding mostly around town under 50, but would want it loud enough to be able to hear it on highway with no issues.

Thanks,
I hate to burst your bubble screamin but the only thing I would use on your currant setup is the head unit. The speakers can really use an update as you are addressing but even with good speakers that amp will not do them justice. The pbr series is old school and although it does get loud, it distorts very easy and just doesn't give a clean sound. It is muffled and it gets hot as hell. As far as the fairing speakers go, I would get a set of sony xs-gs 1621's and they will sound damn close to the cpx for a lot less $$ as both use soft dome tweeters. The pioneer pros are loud as hell but the horns on them get harsh real quick. Spend the extra $$ on a set of mpx 690.3 as in my opinion they are the best sounding 6x9 for lids. DD vo's are also damn good but they don't have highs. As far as amps go, the tm400x4ad, stinger spx 700/4 and the focal sport are all damn good amps. The focal is a beast on power and can be hard to tame with some speakers though.

Just my thoughts.

Old 07-27-2018, 12:57 AM
screaminyz
Advanced

Travelingypsye,
I am planning on replacing that amp also, I’m new to the site so I’ve been doing a ton of reading on here the last few days.
I’ve seen you recommend the Sony 6x9 XS-GS6921 to other people in different threads, why not now? Sony front and back? Are the Hertz that much better? Hertz MPX look to be $350 vs Sony $150 for the 6x9s. The 6.5 fronts you recommend would they be heard on the highway? Just trying to get a sense of how loud they would go with say the Rockford amp you recommended or the Soundstream PN4.1000D.

Thanks,

Old 07-27-2018, 01:19 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

The ONLY reason I am leery of the sony's in the lids is they have exposed coil overs like the polks and those polks got so hot it melted the covers off the coils. I am going to put the sonys back in and run them for a while to see how they do. I will report back with an update on them. Im just leery of having anything in the bags with them. They sounded good and well blended front to back with the sonys in all 4 corners. Either of those amps will do you justice. With either of those amps, the sonys will sound good up front at any speed. Again these are just my thoughts as others may not agree with me.

Quick Reply: Hertz Cento Pro 6.5" 2-Way Coaxial Speakers - CPX 165 PRO