Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 flhxs speaker upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 04:51 PM
SRHDSERVICE
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 flhxs speaker upgrade

howdy folks
I have a 2016 flhxse cvo street glide and am tired of the stock boom2 speakers giving up the ghost I would prefer to go Rockford fosgate I was looking at the tms65 in front and the t1572 5x7 in the rear
would these be a direct drop in ?
I understand I will have to wire both positive and negative connections together to the speakers as they only have a single connection and a built in crossover
thanks for your time and opinions

Last edited by SRHDSERVICE; 06-19-2018 at 04:52 PM. Reason: misworded
Old 06-19-2018, 05:20 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by SRHDSERVICE
howdy folks
I have a 2016 flhxse cvo street glide and am tired of the stock boom2 speakers giving up the ghost I would prefer to go Rockford fosgate I was looking at the tms65 in front and the t1572 5x7 in the rear
would these be a direct drop in ?
I understand I will have to wire both positive and negative connections together to the speakers as they only have a single connection and a built in crossover
thanks for your time and opinions
Do you have the boom 2 amp setup? I don't think you can wire the 4 wires going to each speaker together as on the boom system ,the tweeter signal comes from one amp and the woofer signal comes from the other amp. Wiring the 2+ speaker wires together and the 2- wires together will will tie the 2 amp outputs together and cause both to go poof. At present time there is no aftermarket speaker that will work with the cvo boom setup. Your only choice is to keep replacing the blown boom speakers or can that whole setup for aftermarket amp/speakers.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:30 PM
SRHDSERVICE
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if im reading the wiring scematics correctly the tweeter and woofer both get their signal from the same amp not from separate amps, from what I can find the amp has a built in crossover to filter the signals from the woofer/tweeter.
and yes it has the factory boom 2 setup.

Old 06-19-2018, 05:37 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by SRHDSERVICE
if im reading the wiring scematics correctly the tweeter and woofer both get their signal from the same amp not from separate amps, from what I can find the amp has a built in crossover to filter the signals from the woofer/tweeter.
and yes it has the factory boom 2 setup.
Ok I can understand that but you still have separate power from the amp to the tweets and the woofs. I don't think it will work if to tie both power out from the amp together. If you tie the 2 together then that will make the amp crossover unstable and blow it.

Old 06-19-2018, 08:16 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

To do the audio upgrade correctly you will have to remove both the BOOM amp and speakers and replace them with aftermarket equipment. At this time there are not any aftermarket speakers worth while to consider for swapping the proprietary only boom speakers.

Sorry to rain on your parade about the boom junk but just to keep you from getting to far off track and wasting your time trying to hunt down a ghost that dont exists.