Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound Quality and Clarity

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 06:43 PM
JNM3
Cruiser
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Sound Quality and Clarity

I have a 16 RGS factory HU, Diamond Micro 4v2, Rockford DSR1, Hertz Mille 6.5 in the fairing, and Hertz Mille 6x9 in Hogtune lids. My my question is would changing the HU to a double din Sony or Pioneer would that give me better sound quality and clarity ? Or would a good tune to the DSR1 solve my problem ?

Old 06-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by JNM3
I have a 16 RGS factory HU, Diamond Micro 4v2, Rockford DSR1, Hertz Mille 6.5 in the fairing, and Hertz Mille 6x9 in Hogtune lids. My my question is would changing the HU to a double din Sony or Pioneer would that give me better sound quality and clarity ? Or would a good tune to the DSR1 solve my problem ?
Never underestimate the value of an amazing tune!!!!

T

Old 06-14-2018, 06:50 PM
JNM3
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Never underestimate the value of an amazing tune!!!!

T
I'm having a hell of a time finding someone that can do it !

Old 06-15-2018, 04:57 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

That little amp is also running at max RPM trying to push those speakers. You need a more powerful amp to give you the headroom needed for better sound quality. Tuning the DSR will be the ticket. If that’s not within reach the Sony radio will help tons.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:11 AM
JNM3
Cruiser

Originally Posted by haze324
That little amp is also running at max RPM trying to push those speakers. You need a more powerful amp to give you the headroom needed for better sound quality. Tuning the DSR will be the ticket. If that’s not within reach the Sony radio will help tons.
I've been trying to find a spot to give me a good tune on the DSR1 but some of the shops near me have never used one.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:43 AM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 548 Likes on 445 Posts

I've been trying to find a spot to give me a good tune on the DSR1 but some of the shops near me have never used one.
The best spot to get the best tune is your own garage! You have to put the time and research into getting what sounds good to YOU. Every ear, every bike and every system is different. All of these thing were recently proven at the Midwest Meet and Greet.

Old 06-15-2018, 11:41 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by cshocker
The best spot to get the best tune is your own garage! You have to put the time and research into getting what sounds good to YOU. Every ear, every bike and every system is different. All of these thing were recently proven at the Midwest Meet and Greet.
I agree. Every bike there sounded different, even ones with similar systems. Every one sounded awesome but tailored to the owners likes.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:08 PM
JNM3
Cruiser

I think it's better to sit with a professional and have him/her tune it for you. That way you won't do any damage to your sound system and have them piece of mind its being done the correct way and set within the limits of your speakers and amp. Because if I had to do it it would literally take all day and I'd probably blow something and be pissed.

Old 06-15-2018, 03:30 PM
cshocker
Road Warrior
Received 548 Likes on 445 Posts

I think it's better to sit with a professional and have him/her tune it for you. That way you won't do any damage to your sound system and have them piece of mind its being done the correct way and set within the limits of your speakers and amp. Because if I had to do it it would literally take all day and I'd probably blow something and be pissed.
LOL! Well there are PLENTY of excellent dudes on this site that will help guide you if you cant find a "professional"

And FYI: I have more hours into tuning that I do dollars in my system. Buying and installing speakers and amps is the easy part, tuning is the time taker.

Old 06-15-2018, 09:33 PM
Dsm Limited
Club Member
Received 9,593 Likes on 3,245 Posts

Here's my take for what it's worth.

You can pay a professional to take his time, to tune it for you and you will have a system that sounds good to him. If you want it to sound good to you, you'll have to be there with him. If you're going to put in the time, you may as well save the money.

Quick Reply: Sound Quality and Clarity