Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What will most likely be 2 stupid questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:48 PM
5280Ruffian
Tourer
Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts
Default What will most likely be 2 stupid questions...

Question 1: I had to replace the head unit. I don't believe the head unit got wet, as there was no indication of water in the fairing (on the radio, or anywhere). With that being said, are y'all doing anything to waterproof the fairing and audio equipment? The head unit completely died after a wash of the bike. I think it might be coincidental, but I don't want to risk destroying another head unit. The JVC was marine grade and the new Sony is too.

Question 2: The new Sony has 2 pre-amp out. There is one set of standard (white/red (L/R)) and the other is black and states 'rear/sub'. Does this mean that it can be used for a set of rear speakers OR a sub? I would like the option to expand to another set of speakers in the lowers, and I have a 4 channel amp on order. For now, I will only be using the amp for a single set of speakers, but will I have the option to expand?

Thanks for dealing with my extreme ignorance on this. I tried searching, but I have to be honest, I don't really know what I should be searching...

Old 06-03-2018, 11:54 PM
Blue Tick
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

A couple weeks back several of us were on a ride and got caught some really bad rains. A buddies Sony crapped out the next day, you could see water dripping out of the radio and also some rust buildup from previous bike washes or small rains. Water does and will get in the fairings. Luckily for him the dealer were the radio was purchased contacted their Sony rep and a shop close to him made the replacement no questions asked. He has since concocted some sort of weatherproofing for the new one.