Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery/Voltage Regulator Affect Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2018, 07:27 AM
klimoman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I found the issue. The connector on the amp was not fully connected/seated.

I received a PM from another member on here and he said he had the same issue with the 600.4 amp. He recommended putting a zip tie in between the wires and around the amp to stop the connections from becoming loose again. I have not zip tied mine yet, but I will the next time the outer faring comes off.

I had zip tied the wires together to make the install clean looking. However, by doing this it added extra “weight” pulling down on the connectors on the amp which was compounded when riding.

I rode all night yesterday and no issues. If it starts again I will add the zip ties as me tioned above.

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. I appreciate it.

Old 05-27-2018, 06:11 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by klimoman
I found the issue. The connector on the amp was not fully connected/seated.

I received a PM from another member on here and he said he had the same issue with the 600.4 amp. He recommended putting a zip tie in between the wires and around the amp to stop the connections from becoming loose again. I have not zip tied mine yet, but I will the next time the outer faring comes off.

I had zip tied the wires together to make the install clean looking. However, by doing this it added extra “weight” pulling down on the connectors on the amp which was compounded when riding.

I rode all night yesterday and no issues. If it starts again I will add the zip ties as me tioned above.

Thanks for all the responses and suggestions. I appreciate it.
Hells Bells! LOL! Always goes back to the connections!! Glad you got it figured out my friend!