Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BOOM stage II blown speakers

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2018, 12:59 PM
vosadchuk
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BOOM stage II blown speakers

I’m switching to the “dark side”.
Yeah, I think as painful as it might be I probably will have to go with some aftermarket s**t. So I was so sold on the stage II, the sound, the esthetic look of it etc. Now today I think I’ve changed my mind... So I had stage II for about year and a half on my ‘14 SGS, never any issues. Then decided to install WHIM, took it to dealer to flash it on the way home saddlebag speakers blown! Ok, I guess happens, right? So took it back to the dealer, was nice to them just explained what happened and to my big surprise service guy said that they will change them with no charge... WHAAAT!? I could expect that from Apple customer care but for sure not from Harley. So after couple of weeks waiting for new speakers they put new ones in, half way home same thing happens! WTF? I didn’t even turn it up all the way, maybe 3/4. In my opinion stage II was best stuff out there, they should be bulletproof, frickin system costed around $3K, and especially when you add all the flashing and reflashing $50 each time you wanna add new component or do any change. I used to love stage II boom, but now I’m thinking I should have saved about half of the cost and went with J&M from the very beginning. Sad sad situation.
So question to you guys: I run 4 speakers fairing and saddlebags, tourpak to but not connected at the moment (Harley’s top of the line system apparently can’t come up with quick disconnect harness for tourpak speakers). What are other good quality systems? I’ve been looking at J&M XX 630w, but was told that there’s better alternatives for similar price range. But important to me is - I don’t want to fill up my saddlebags with speakers! Saddlebags and tourpak are for carrying other crap. So with that in mind what systems would you recommend?

Thanks

Old 05-17-2018, 01:54 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by vosadchuk

I’m switching to the “dark side”.
Yeah, I think as painful as it might be I probably will have to go with some aftermarket s**t. So I was so sold on the stage II, the sound, the esthetic look of it etc. Now today I think I’ve changed my mind... So I had stage II for about year and a half on my ‘14 SGS, never any issues. Then decided to install WHIM, took it to dealer to flash it on the way home saddlebag speakers blown! Ok, I guess happens, right? So took it back to the dealer, was nice to them just explained what happened and to my big surprise service guy said that they will change them with no charge... WHAAAT!? I could expect that from Apple customer care but for sure not from Harley. So after couple of weeks waiting for new speakers they put new ones in, half way home same thing happens! WTF? I didn’t even turn it up all the way, maybe 3/4. In my opinion stage II was best stuff out there, they should be bulletproof, frickin system costed around $3K, and especially when you add all the flashing and reflashing $50 each time you wanna add new component or do any change. I used to love stage II boom, but now I’m thinking I should have saved about half of the cost and went with J&M from the very beginning. Sad sad situation.
So question to you guys: I run 4 speakers fairing and saddlebags, tourpak to but not connected at the moment (Harley’s top of the line system apparently can’t come up with quick disconnect harness for tourpak speakers). What are other good quality systems? I’ve been looking at J&M XX 630w, but was told that there’s better alternatives for similar price range. But important to me is - I don’t want to fill up my saddlebags with speakers! Saddlebags and tourpak are for carrying other crap. So with that in mind what systems would you recommend?

Thanks
You can do a WHOLE LOT BETTER than Jm for the money. Let me repeat a WHOLE LOT BETTER. JM is way over priced for mediocre sound. The boom system sounds decent but no dept to the sound and are not reliable nor have any aftermarket replacement . If you took your sled back to HD they will probably replace them forever as they don't want the bad publicity. Besides they can replace those $16.00 yes $16.00 (thats what they cost HD) speakers all day long for what you originally paid for them. Do some research here to get a feel of what you want and the gurus will help you put it together.

The following users liked this post:
vosadchuk (05-18-2018)