Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fairing Only Setup

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 06:52 PM
Black_mamba
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fairing Only Setup

I have good experience with car audio but this will be my first bike system. I finally traded my first love (Fatboy) in for an 18 SG. After researching this forum and online I believe I have the setup I want. Thought I'd run it by you guys to see what you think and hopefully get some insight on a few questions.
Sound quality has always been more of an interest than giant subs in my car so I thought this setup would work best for me.

I don't think I'll have a problem hearing it with my riding style. Long country roads about 70mph.

Setup
Sound Processor - DSR1 Rockford Fosgate with signal wiring harness front and rear(americanhardbag.com)
Mid Speaker - DD AW 6.5 (ddaudio.com for those that want to look at them - purchase will be from one of their dealers)
Tweeter - DD VO-B3 (ddaudio.com for those that want to look at them - purchase will be from one of their dealers)
Amp - JL M600/6 Bridged two channels for the mids 200RMS and the other two for the tweeters 75 RMS(crutchfield.com)
Amp Power Cables?
Amp Mounting Bracket?
Speaker Bracket (biketronics.com)
Tweeter Pods - Fiberglass work to make the VO-B3s fit (jarzproducts.com)

Questions
The amp accepts 4AWG power cables. Can I run this size without much trouble to the battery?
What amp mounting bracket are others using for the JL?
I plan on using the speaker bracket because I assume the AW6.5 could use the extra air volume. Unless others recommend keeping the stock pods?
I plan to have the radio flashed for 4 speakers no amps. That's why I'll get the front and rear wiring harness for the DSR1. I may add lower fairings or bag speakers later. Plus, I could easily use the fade to adjust tweeter to mid balance on the fly. Initial setup will balance them but I thought having the option while riding wouldn't be bad either. Is this a good idea?
To tune the system flat and then make EQ changes for my personal preferences I thought about using the android app Spectroid. The app has good reviews and either my phone or a mic can be connected for more accurate reading. Has anyone used a similar app? If yes, did you use a mic?

Old 05-14-2018, 08:25 PM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Are you sure the B3 will fit behind those tweeter pods? Those horns are kinda large.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:05 PM
Black_mamba
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They won't fit but I plan on using them for easy mounting and then fiberglass work to make the tweeters fit.

Old 05-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Ron D 33
Road Captain

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

That amp fits perfect on the J & M tray. Just don't install the top tray that comes with it and remove the two posts up front. I bought mine from the link below and it was only $120 and I had it in 4 days.
https://www.sierra-mc.com/products.asp?cat=421&pg=4