Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Almost There....Sony XAV AX100 Custome EQ Settings Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 06:00 AM
TexasD
Road Captain
Received 60 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Almost There....Sony XAV AX100 Custome EQ Settings Help

First off thank you to everyone in this forum for that has helped me along the way. I'm very new to the bike audio world, and up until a few months ago never would have thought I'd be diving headfirst into it. At this point I've got my speakers in, DB Euphoria EPC6K tweeters mounted in the fairing grills, CV B52 amp and the Sony XAV AX100 HU.
I've tried out some of the preset EQ Settings but am just not happy with them, I know these speakers can sound much better but I'm not sure how to get there.
Looking for some advice on custom eq settings that would really wake up my system.

Thanks in advance

Old 05-07-2018, 07:51 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by TexasD
First off thank you to everyone in this forum for that has helped me along the way. I'm very new to the bike audio world, and up until a few months ago never would have thought I'd be diving headfirst into it. At this point I've got my speakers in, DB Euphoria EPC6K tweeters mounted in the fairing grills, CV B52 amp and the Sony XAV AX100 HU.
I've tried out some of the preset EQ Settings but am just not happy with them, I know these speakers can sound much better but I'm not sure how to get there.
Looking for some advice on custom eq settings that would really wake up my system.

Thanks in advance
The EQ thing really is going to be a personal thing. Had a bud stop by this weekend an helped him drop those same Speaks in. He went will full pass on amp with a Boom HU and loved the shix out of them. Others will want a somewhat different sound.
Before u get too far down the road make sure all of ur speaker wiring is correct aka polarity. Then set all ur EQ stuff to flat or zero. The music itself is already produced to sound exactly the way it was intended to play. The speakers are set up to play all of that atca 40-20000 Hz range. Set ur amp to full pass / all pass. Play a few songs and find out what specifically u would like to enhance or reduce with ur EQ. At a normal listening volume run each EQ band to the extreme settings to see the impact it has on ur song then set it back to flat. After this familiarization exercise make minor adjustments and roll on. Then after riding ur gonna want to readjust to capture what is the best EQ for ur riding style.

T.

Last edited by Tailwind; 05-07-2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 05-07-2018, 11:05 AM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 621 Posts

just curious about the overall sound quality of that HU over what you had before. what did you have before that hu?
thanks
m

Old 05-07-2018, 06:38 PM
TexasD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Tailwind
The EQ thing really is going to be a personal thing. Had a bud stop by this weekend an helped him drop those same Speaks in. He went will full pass on amp with a Boom HU and loved the shix out of them. Others will want a somewhat different sound.
Before u get too far down the road make sure all of ur speaker wiring is correct aka polarity. Then set all ur EQ stuff to flat or zero. The music itself is already produced to sound exactly the way it was intended to play. The speakers are set up to play all of that atca 40-20000 Hz range. Set ur amp to full pass / all pass. Play a few songs and find out what specifically u would like to enhance or reduce with ur EQ. At a normal listening volume run each EQ band to the extreme settings to see the impact it has on ur song then set it back to flat. After this familiarization exercise make minor adjustments and roll on. Then after riding ur gonna want to readjust to capture what is the best EQ for ur riding style.

T.
Thank you T I really appreciate the help.

Old 05-07-2018, 06:39 PM
TexasD
Road Captain

Originally Posted by marcodarq
just curious about the overall sound quality of that HU over what you had before. what did you have before that hu?
thanks
m
marcodarq I was running the stock 4.3 HU. Sound quality with this Sony HU is absolutely amazing, especially like the Apple Car Play.

Old 05-07-2018, 11:48 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 800 Likes on 621 Posts

cool, that is the kind of feedback i am in need of, thanks!!!
m

The following users liked this post:
TexasD (05-08-2018)