Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

kit for '16 road glide?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 10:37 PM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 158 Posts
Default kit for '16 road glide?

while i am aware you can put together a great system i am looking for suggestions on an off the shelf package. i am looking to find out which system works best. i have heard of:

biketronics
hog wired
hog tunes.

i am leaning towards the biketronics system but am looking for guidance on which one is best. i am not so much an audiophile but stock is not loud enough to not distort at highway speeds.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:10 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Out of the 3 you have mentioned, biketronics is the only one I would even consider. Regardless of "kits" you will need a bt355 line leveler for the install. Most kits lack in one way or another. All kits require that you take off the tank to run your power wires for the amp to the battery. So that simple plug and play just got more detailed. As far as piecing together a set up, we almost always suggest one that doesn't require cutting or splicing any factory wires and can guide you for a better sounding system than any kit out there. If you are bound and determined to get a kit, the RF amp/speaker kit is the one I would get. That amp is solid, wiring is good and the amp mount is solid but the speakers lack. You will still need a line leveler though.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 05-02-2018 at 05:42 AM.
Old 05-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Jersey Drew
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Out of the 3 you have mentioned, biketronics is the only one I would even consider. Regardless of "kits" you will need a bt355 line leveler for the install. Most kits lack in one way or another. All kits require that you take off the tank to run your power wires for the amp to the battery. So that simple plug and play just got more detailed. As far as piecing together a set up, we almost always suggest one that doesn't require cutting or splicing any factory wires and can guide you for a better sounding system than any kit out there. If you are bound and determined to get a kit, the RF amp/speaker kit is the one I would get. That amp is solid, wiring is good and the amp mount is solid but the speakers lack. You will still need a line leveler though.
by rf i assume rockford fosgate? and from reading it looks like the piece meal set up that works well is what the RF amp and infiniti kappa speakers?