Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sharing secrets

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 05:03 AM
Stew_FL
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Sharing secrets

Found this and posted it in another thread but figured some might not find it. Its for the ones that say no one shares their secrets.

http://www.americanhardbag.com/pages...rets-for-14-up

Old 04-21-2018, 05:14 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

The only thing I’ll caution you when reading that article is that it’s by a company offering to sell you a solution. I’ve tried just about every “secret” out there and don’t use any method listed on that site.

Old 04-21-2018, 05:20 AM
Stew_FL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by haze324
The only thing I’ll caution you when reading that article is that it’s by a company offering to sell you a solution. I’ve tried just about every “secret” out there and don’t use any method listed on that site.
I forgot to put "for what its worth" like I did in the other post. Sorry.

and Haze, can you pm me with a list of what product lines you sell. Thanks.

Old 04-21-2018, 06:41 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

So secrets. Last night we had the owner of Soundigital at the shop with his team from Brazil and they brought over their "master tuner" from Brazil for a show we have this weekend. These guys normally tune HUGE monster concert like stage walls in cars and the guy barely touched the EQ. He said that he only uses that as the sprinkle on top. No kidding he spent about 4-5 hours making sure everything was in phase, and making sure speakers were playing the proper excursion. That's it. So with respect to "secrets" we all have them and certainly this gentlemen has his but it's nothing out of this world.....but also nothing that most would consider. So here's the bottom line --- there are NO secrets. It's just education and application.

I carry mostly all pro audio and competition type products and hardly do retail these days. If someone calls me for products it's because we are designing a bike for them vs. just selling them a pair of speakers.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:32 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Alex you have always been ready to help us with questions even for those who weren't customers when you were a sponsor. You've responded to PMs many times and I personally thank you. I think that many like myself are frustrated now because with smaller DSPs being available we see many of the forum members using them to take their sled audio to the next level but alas, the rest of us don't have anyone nearby that can help us get started even if they are dealers for these products. It's not that we are looking for secrets or trying to get something for nothing but just a baseline to start from until we can get to a shop like yours and enlist your expertise. I hope I get the chance to do that someday.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:04 AM
Stew_FL
Cruiser

I carry mostly all pro audio and competition type products and hardly do retail these days. If someone calls me for products it's because we are designing a bike for them vs. just selling them a pair of speakers.
Ah, thats not a PM and it does not answer my question. Trying to give you busniess but not going into it blind.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:34 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Alex you have always been ready to help us with questions even for those who weren't customers when you were a sponsor. You've responded to PMs many times and I personally thank you. I think that many like myself are frustrated now because with smaller DSPs being available we see many of the forum members using them to take their sled audio to the next level but alas, the rest of us don't have anyone nearby that can help us get started even if they are dealers for these products. It's not that we are looking for secrets or trying to get something for nothing but just a baseline to start from until we can get to a shop like yours and enlist your expertise. I hope I get the chance to do that someday.
Few thing and I apologize if this turns this thread sideways.

1. This is a friendly forum where folks share information. I'm a national level competitor who travels the country showing his bike. There's things I just won't share.

2. There's a lots of a$$holes here who I would never give my information to and that's what happens when I share openly. There are forum members on this forum that when I was a sponsor were selling the EXACT same products I carry and offering them to members over PM at a lower price to undercut me and they continue to do this now without being sponsors. These are the so "called" gurus on this forum who do this. I'm not helping them out either with free information.

3. I do run a business and personally think I am doing injustice to the customer who brings me his bike from PA, Ohio, SC, Alabama, etc. and I charge them for this info then come here and just give it away. I'm also not like the company that was linked above who shares a ton of generic information to promote sales because for me it's the passion of building an awesome sounding bike. It's not about the sale or the money. Ask Outkast what his bill was for me to tune his bike. $0.00.

So while I understand your question. Where are the all the "smart" guys who offer information here daily when this topic comes up? I'm not the only guy here who uses a DSP you know. Also where are the guys who WERE smart at tuning and DSP's that used to post here? They left because of the culture here now. We went from pushing the envelope and learning to DB Moto's and Massive Audio amps.

Sorry for that rant, this is not directed at you --- just wanted to address a topic that continues to come up.

Old 04-21-2018, 08:37 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stew_FL
Ah, thats not a PM and it does not answer my question. Trying to give you busniess but not going into it blind.
Stew, my bad please let me clarify. I don't do retail unless I'm designing a competition type set up for a bike (pro audio, horns, 10's in the bags, etc.). If that's what you are looking into, for sure let's talk...just not wanting to take up your time if I don't offer the type of set up you are looking for.

Old 04-21-2018, 09:30 AM
Stew_FL
Cruiser

Stew, my bad please let me clarify. I don't do retail unless I'm designing a competition type set up for a bike (pro audio, horns, 10's in the bags, etc.). If that's what you are looking into, for sure let's talk...just not wanting to take up your time if I don't offer the type of set up you are looking for.
Not looking to go into competition or playing music for a crowd in a parking lot. I didn't buy the bike to stand around and look / listen to it. If it's out of the garage, it's moving. I just want a quality system thats better than stock. Money is not an issue, but less is more. Just trying to put a great system together without going to 10 different places to get all the peices. Would rather support local people. Hate buying on line. However, I went to one local place and they tried to talk me out of buying DB, Arc, Focal products and into Rockford Fosgate because thats what they had in stock. Heard the RF system at Bike Week. My ears didn't like what they heard. And it seems no one has anything setup in their shops so you can compare. Getting to the point where I am just going to say F-it and buy a great set of headphones / earbuds. Might look like a dork, but I'll get all the bass and highs I want without all the aggravation of taking the bike apart multipul times and buying and selling parts. I know I am never going to find the Unicorn but maybe I can find Sasquatch. LoL

Old 04-21-2018, 09:48 AM
Stew_FL
Cruiser

Also, I was not trying to support the business in the first post just trying to show that a lot of things contribute to or take away from a quality sound system. CRAP IN, MEANS CRAP OUT. All your components need to work with each other. Your system is only as good as the weekest link. And don't let that damn magic smoke out!

Last edited by Stew_FL; 04-21-2018 at 09:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Sharing secrets