Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Comments regarding Alpine SR-65 Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 07:26 AM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

Ahhh...yes! Viable Band-Aid.

Old 04-06-2018, 09:35 AM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Band-Aid or not it's what he's got to work with and I'd wire it that way before I'd parallel the BT's to the Alpines. Sure those of us that are in the know wouldn't have purchased those for the lowers but the OP took the advise of a well respected Sponsor. Right or wrong it is what it is unless the OP has the means to change them out.
And to add further as to cutting volume using the balance between the 2, it wouldn't matter if the OP was using the BT4180 to power these 2 sets of speakers, he's still limited in volume by his weakest speaker with a non adjustable amp.

Last edited by SBates08; 04-06-2018 at 10:15 AM.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:06 AM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
Band-Aid or not it's what he's got to work with and I'd wire it that way before I'd parallel the BT's to the Alpines. Sure those of us that are in the know wouldn't have purchased those for the lowers but the OP took the advise of a well respected Sponsor. Right or wrong it is what it is unless the OP has the means to change them out.
And to add further as to cutting volume using the balance between the 2, it wouldn't matter if the OP was using the BT4180 to power these 2 sets of speakers, he's still limited in volume by his weakest speaker with a non adjustable amp.
Can I get an Amen?!!!!!!!!

Well said brother!!! Shix happens in life but it's all about how u recover. In this case the band aid will work damn well for the circumstances that have been presented. And I certain the OP appreciates you taking the time to offer up some potential solutions that will get his ship to shore for the upcoming riding season.

T.

Old 04-06-2018, 11:26 AM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
I appreciate all the comments and suggestions. I will be using a BT2180 amp. I haven't purchased the Alpines yet. They were only suggested because of the space limitations in the lower fairings with wet heads. I'm hoping BT Titan 6.5's will fit in the enclosures. If the BT's won't fit I may have to use the Alpines . Having wet heads really limits what will fit. Also not a lot of aftermarket support for speaker enclosures for wet heads. BT is developing lowers kits but they aren't ready and won't be for a while.
Bill

Old 04-06-2018, 12:06 PM
haze324
Elite HDF Member

Received 458 Likes on 336 Posts

So turns out the Alpines haven't purchased yet. Good!

Thing with creative solutions is that they don't apply to all, and the reasoning to use the creative solution is hardly ever discussed. Next thing you know folks assume this is the right way to do things, similar to us assuming he already had the Alpines. We fixed the wrong problem.

Wet heads. I've only used the Hogtunes kit minus the hogtunes speakers so I'm sure what specific speakers fit there. I'm thinking if the Alpines fit the Polks MM652's have to be close also, and likely a much better sounding speaker.

Old 04-06-2018, 02:47 PM
paid4c4
Road Master
Received 60 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
So turns out the Alpines haven't purchased yet. Good!

Thing with creative solutions is that they don't apply to all, and the reasoning to use the creative solution is hardly ever discussed. Next thing you know folks assume this is the right way to do things, similar to us assuming he already had the Alpines. We fixed the wrong problem. Wet heads. I've only used the Hogtunes kit minus the hogtunes speakers so I'm sure what specific speakers fit there. I'm thinking if the Alpines fit the Polks MM652's have to be close also, and likely a much better sounding speaker.
I'll be using a HogTunes kit which should be here tomorrow or Monday. Then I'll be able to see what will fit.
Bill