Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What would be my best bang for buck audio set up for a $500 to $700 dollar budget

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:40 PM
Road Glide Matt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would be my best bang for buck audio set up for a $500 to $700 dollar budget

What would be my best bang for buck audio set up for a $500 to $700 dollar budget on a 2012 Road Glide I will be running just fairing speakers and I would like to get a bluetooth set up i was thinking about starting off with the aquatronics head unit if it is any good. I just need to know the best speaker and amp set up that all work together.
Thank You

Old 03-29-2018, 11:58 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Glide Matt
What would be my best bang for buck audio set up for a $500 to $700 dollar budget on a 2012 Road Glide I will be running just fairing speakers and I would like to get a bluetooth set up i was thinking about starting off with the aquatronics head unit if it is any good. I just need to know the best speaker and amp set up that all work together.
Thank You
To start out I would suggest an aftermarket headunit other than the aquatics which has limited functions and go with a Sony or similar headunit that has the ability to invert the display (white background with black numbers/lettering) since you are on a roadglide. Which will run you around $250 give or take a few bucks for the kit that includes the handlebar control module to retain you bar controls.

If you are staying just with the fairing speaks I would suggest the cerwin Vega b52 amp and to top it all off and let you enjoy the tunes thru the DB WDX6

Old 03-30-2018, 03:41 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy
To start out I would suggest an aftermarket headunit other than the aquatics which has limited functions and go with a Sony or similar headunit that has the ability to invert the display (white background with black numbers/lettering) since you are on a roadglide. Which will run you around $250 give or take a few bucks for the kit that includes the handlebar control module to retain you bar controls.

If you are staying just with the fairing speaks I would suggest the cerwin Vega b52 amp and to top it all off and let you enjoy the tunes thru the DB WDX6

Perfect set up for a budget build.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:53 AM
Road Glide Matt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I like that setup just a few more questions

Looks good is there a mounting bracket kit that I need to get to mount that b52 amp. Also do those speakers mount right up to the old. Where do I buy the kit to make my handlebars still work with a sony head unit. Also my bike is an ultra and I am going to be taking the touring pack off I was told that I need to get special caps to block off those speakers so I don't blow my head unit.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:54 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy

Forum Certified!! Lol!

Old 03-30-2018, 08:17 AM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Also, shop the clearance/preowned gear market. You could
probably save yourself 25-35% and still get some great gear.

Old 03-30-2018, 08:27 AM
cfave
Road Captain
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
Also, shop the clearance/preowned gear market. You could
probably save yourself 25-35% and still get some great gear.
+1

Bought my Amp, HU and DD Aws and Ats from the slightly used rack and saved a bundle!