Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Saddlebag speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 09:38 PM
Ghlancaster
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saddlebag speakers

have a 2016 CVO LTD. wanted to remove tour pak and put in saddlebag speakers. Bike has stage 1 boom audio. Dealer said as long as I stuck with stage 1 speakers I wouldn’t need to put in an amp for the saddlebag speakers. Got stage 1 saddlebag speakers. Removed tourpack installed saddlebag speakers and wiring harness per instructions which connected to a dedicated saddlebag speaker line separate from the wiring harness to the tourpack. Saddlebag speakers put out little sound, much lower than the front fairing speakers. Instructions said kit included a free upgrade from the dealer ( tho have to pay for labor). Took bike to dealer who “reflashed” the audio system which I assumed meant was going to fix the lack of sound coming from the rear speakers. After reflashimg by dealer No change in the sound and they don’t know what the problem is or what to do.

After thinking about bout it I wonder if the dedicated saddlebag harness does not connect to the amp or, if it does, is there a setting in the computer when they reflash it that they should change to redirect power from the wiring harness for the tourpack to the wiring harness for the saddlebags. Any help or thoughts greatly appreciated.