Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 Midwest M&G #1 June 8-10 Black River Falls WI

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 04:29 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Little pit stop on the way home and want to expand on a few things.

I know u boys will claim that "the meter" was a breathalyzer to see who was the most sober to ride and get us more booze, but all I know is that we were in a parking lot, at a sled audio gathering, and I got the high score. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

A damn awesome group of folks with amazing character showed up passionate about sleds and audio and a damn good time was had.

Every damn sled there was hitting hard from simply eye watering 2 speaker setups to big dawgs with subs and 10". It was a priceless opportunity to share product knowledge& experiences, tuning strategies, watt utilization, and also develop some damn good friendships. No two tunes were the same but again, every damn sled brought way killer audio.

The advances that have been made in the sled audio industry over the last few years are just unreal and the knowledge and experience that was shared at this event was exemplary / priceless. Honored to have been included and look forward to the next opportunity.

Thank you Kris and your family for the first class hospitality in every regard!!!

And thank you all for the camaraderie, friendship, and making this a really damn special trip doing a few of my favorite damn things.

As Yoop eloquently stated, collectively we are gonna continue to kick the shix out of the audio unicorn, and have fun doing it.

See u boys and girls at the next meet up, and ur all always welcome at mi Casa in TX!!!

T

Last edited by Tailwind; 06-10-2018 at 04:31 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:39 PM
hernaa02
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like y’all had a great time. Looking forward to some more pics and video. Safe travels

Old 06-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Adenton528
Road Captain
Received 204 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Every damn sled there was hitting hard from simply eye watering 2 speaker setups to big dawgs with subs and 10". It was a priceless opportunity to share product knowledge& experiences, tuning strategies, watt utilization, and also develop some damn good friendships. No two tunes were the same but again, every damn sled brought way killer audio.

Who does subs on a sled? That doesn't belong there.

But seriously, T couldn't be more right. This is such a great group of guys with a common goal and going about it with different strategies. So great to get together and see what works and what doesn't. It only makes this group more successful in chasing their audio unicorn. We've got strength in numbers.

Old 06-10-2018, 04:51 PM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

The Mean One and I made home around 2pm.

I want to give another HUGE THANK YOU to Kris,Trudy and Jake for there hospitality and opening their home up for us.

It was great to see some old faces and to put screen names to faces of the new comers of the Midwest Meet N Greet.

There were definitely a wide variety of systems this weekend. From a 2 speaker fairing system all the way up to a couple 10 speakers systems. I will say that everyone there had done their homework putting together some dam good sounding combinations.
If you didnt pick up a few pointers or learn something this weekend you were talking to the wrong people as there was a lot of knowledge being tossed around.(even the mean one pick up a few things)

One last thing I would like to say congratulations to yooperhog at winning the traveling trophy back.

BTW T if you would have had brought your meter out Thursday night your competition would have been a lot closer as my batteries were getting pretty well drained Saturday night.

Old 06-10-2018, 05:05 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Babyboy

BTW T if you would have had brought your meter out Thursday night your competition would have been a lot closer as my batteries were getting pretty well drained Saturday night.
U definitely would have blown "the meter" up on Thurs but that Fireball Gann was feeding us at least kept the rest of us us at a respectable meter reading!!!!!

T

Old 06-10-2018, 05:34 PM
Mean Jean
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Driving now but more to follow when I get "static." Truly an amazing time with really awesome individuals I am honored to call friends. Thank u all.

Talking about "static" It turns out that I am a parking lot guy after all. We were in the parking lot late last night and we broke out "the meter" and Baby Boy, Shocker, OKC, Inthewind, and Mean Gean got smoked. I beat Baby Boy by 2 damn points which is a hell of an accomplishment at these events.

Fun stuff y'all!!!!

T
You spelled my name wrong was that before or after meter readings lol 😂 Mean Jean with a J hahaha

Old 06-10-2018, 05:56 PM
uplandpinter
Road Captain
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Kerri and I made it home around 4pm safe and sound. We had such a great weekend that we ended up taking about a 50 mile detour just to enjoy our time a little more. We can't express our thanks to Kris, Trudi, and Jake for opening up thier home to the group, we all felt very welcome. It was very nice to finally meet everyone.

Old 06-10-2018, 06:36 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Got home about 2 pm after Baby B, Mean Jean and I got HAMMERED on the way home! First cold (62 degrees) windy light rain turning into a driving rain and then a absolute downpour about an hour from home...fun sh*t!! I-39 become shut down, with emergency vehicles flying around (assume huge crash) we were lucky enough to get stopped by a exit ramp, Rob navigated us around closed expressway part...got lucky...was raining pretty hard at that point! OK enough of the ride report. Thanks Kris and family for opening up your home to a bunch of audio nuts! Had a greet weekend, meeting old friends and making new ones. Finally met Keith (Gan) after trying to meet him for about 5 yrs (2013) great guy! Big surprise to see Gan, T, Andy, and Chris make the trip! Some bad Azz sleds and kick azz audio... gets better every year!!!!! After looking forward to the M&G expectations, were not just met but exceeded!!!!!!! (multiple exclamation marks in honor of Texas T for 20 hr. drive) CONGRATS TO DALE (Yoop) for becoming 2 time Audio Forum Champion of the World (add echo here) Thanks again Ward family. Kris, Trudy, and Jake!!!!! Time to start planning Fall M&G, anybody interested? MM

Last edited by Moto Mike; 06-10-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:26 PM
Mean Jean
Novice
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wanted to say a big huge Thank You to Kris and Trudie for having us and everything they did for us. Was a GREAT weekend. Everyone's audio sounded great and I can not wait for next year to see how everyone else makes changes or just tweets things. Like T and Baby boy said from 2 speakers to 10 everyone had something good. And that's what is about meeting great new friends and learning. I will share some pictures tomorrow but I love how the group is growing. Here is a picture from our first meet n greet last year vs this year

Attached Thumbnails 2018 Midwest M&G #1 June 8-10 Black River Falls WI-photo597.jpg   2018 Midwest M&G #1 June 8-10 Black River Falls WI-photo340.jpg  
Old 06-10-2018, 07:34 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Glad to hear it was a great time. Hopefully next one, and less deer, I can make it.

Quick Reply: 2018 Midwest M&G #1 June 8-10 Black River Falls WI