Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which speakers in saddlebag lids

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 08:49 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Originally Posted by InthewindMN

How are the Sony’s for size and weight?
They are lighter than the hertz but heavier than the polks. Not as deep as the hertz either. I currently don't have a set to show as they went into an install.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:35 PM
azlou66
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Boy a lot has changed since this first posted. I have tried several 6x9's in my lids since this post started. The vo's have great lows and mids but no highs. They will pound with the right setup. The pioneer pros have too harsh highs for me but a great $$ for what you get. The wdx 69 motos have extreme highs but not ear piercing going down the road. Also at $250+ a set, their are better options. The hertz mpx 690.3 are just about the best in the lids as they pound at the lows and the highs are not ear piercing. They are pricy and heavy but really sound good to my ears. Polk mm 692's sound good too but to my ears the lows don't pound as good as the hertz do. Sony xs-gs 6921's are also a good speaker as the highs are warm not harsh and the lows will pound if set up right. Also around $200 a set they are great bang for the buck. Infinity 6x9's also sound great but the construction just doesn't hold up over the long haul. They have a history of breaking the basket as they are plastic.

All of these speakers I tried are running off a tm400a4ad amp. The vo's, pioneer pros, hertz and sonys I have also run off a focal sport.

In conclusion, the hertz sound the best to me. The sony's are the best bang for the buck. The vo's have no highs but great lows and mids. The pioneers have harsh highs and need tamed but that will cost you the lows too. The wdx are good but over priced for what you get. The polks are good, water resistant and light weight but lack the pounding lows that the vo's, sony's and hertz can give. I don't recommend the infinity's with the history they have.

There are a lot more 6x9's out there that I have not tried and probably some great speakers hiding like the sony's and over time I will try more.

Just my thoughts.
Fixed it for you Gypsye.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:37 PM
azlou66
Road Captain
Veteran: Air Force
Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Alot of good options out there but ultimately you have to find THE ONE that sounds best to you and works best with your set up.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:46 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Yes sir. That is why I put just my thoughts. Others may like something better than me or hear different than these old ears.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:29 PM
Bafflingbs
Stellar HDF Member

Received 925 Likes on 557 Posts

Gypsye, have you tried the Polks on “All Pass?” They really woke up for me, when I did. The weight savings, water proof design and power rating, is definitely impressive.

Old 06-15-2018, 12:40 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Bafflingbs
Gypsye, have you tried the Polks on “All Pass?” They really woke up for me, when I did. The weight savings, water proof design and power rating, is definitely impressive.
Yes sir. I run all the 6x9's on all pass with no filters. There is nothing wrong with the polks as they are clean sounding viable speaker. My ears liked the hertz more. the polks are damn good and for around $180 a set, good bang for the buck too.

The following 2 users liked this post by travelingypsye:
Bafflingbs (06-17-2018), REPO1 (06-16-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:49 AM
REPO1
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes sir. I run all the 6x9's on all pass with no filters. There is nothing wrong with the polks as they are clean sounding viable speaker. My ears liked the hertz more. the polks are damn good and for around $180 a set, good bang for the buck too.

After reading this I checked some local distributors, and it turns out one place has them on for almost 1/2 price until June 21st. I may have to pick up a set. I was originally planning on buying the Pioneers, but these are now a reasonable price as well!

Old 06-16-2018, 07:41 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by REPO1

After reading this I checked some local distributors, and it turns out one place has them on for almost 1/2 price until June 21st. I may have to pick up a set. I was originally planning on buying the Pioneers, but these are now a reasonable price as well!
Which speaker half price?

Old 06-16-2018, 10:09 AM
REPO1
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Which speaker half price?
The Hertz MPX 690.3’s

Old 06-17-2018, 04:29 PM
Delgado130
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Rockvilles hit hard. My saddlebags sounded like they were gonna rip apart! No midrange what so ever tho. There was low frequency but I did not get a surround effect. I ran woofers with a pn4.1000d and also tried pn1.1000d mono amp. The Rockvilles pounded for two days till I fried the voice coils.

Last edited by Delgado130; 06-17-2018 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: Which speakers in saddlebag lids