Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Which speakers in saddlebag lids

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 11:09 PM
Roof king
Advanced
Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Go with the Polk's I've had them in my boat for years, and they are awesome.

Last edited by Roof king; 03-13-2018 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 03-14-2018, 05:04 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by azlou66
Lids fade QUICKLY as mph's increase, for the money Pioneer Pro's are hard to beat.
Agree. While the tweeters are a little harsh they have a presence that you can still hear at highway speed.

Old 03-14-2018, 06:59 AM
Delgado130
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`m running Pro 6900`s in lids and they sound pretty good. The bass hits nice. Im about to try Rockville 6x9 woofers for more low end. Front stage sounds awesome! Running Mmats with B3 horns. Replacing american bass lowers with another set of Mmats. I just went on Mmat website and now wanna try their 6x9`s.

Old 03-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Delgado130
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 03-14-2018, 07:45 AM
black01
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

My original plan for this year was to run 8.8's in the lids. Things are getting a little sketchy at work, so I'm working with what I have. Adding some b3s and a small amp. I replaced the Pioneer Pro with the vo 6x9s. They sound great alone but I want some upper frequency I'm missing. This is what I came up with for now. Hopefully I'll be happy with this for a while.

Old 03-14-2018, 08:17 AM
Lastride
Tourer

Received 71 Likes on 48 Posts

Nice setup black01.
It seems everyone runs horns with the lid 6x9, any reason not to run a tweeter like the bt30 or at28?

Last edited by Lastride; 03-14-2018 at 08:18 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-13-2018, 07:10 PM
arlington
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Did you ever try the Rockvilles, I know they're very heavy?

Old 06-14-2018, 04:19 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member
Received 655 Likes on 548 Posts

Boy a lot has changed since this first posted. I have tried several 6x9's in my lids since this post started. The vo's have great lows and mids but no highs. They will pound with the right setup. The pioneer pros have too harsh highs for me but a great $$ for what you get. The wdx 69 motos have extreme highs but not ear piercing going down the road. Also at $250+ a set, their are better options. The hertz mpx 690.3 are just about the best in the lids as they pound at the lows and the highs are not ear piercing. They are pricy and heavy but really sound good to my ears. Polk mm 692's sound good too but to my ears the lows don't pound as good as the hertz do. Sony xs-gs 6921's are also a good speaker as the highs are warm not harsh and the lows will pound if set up right. Also around $200 a set they are great bang for the buck. Infinity 6x9's also sound great but the construction just doesn't hold up over the long haul. They have a history of breaking the basket as they are plastic.

All of these speakers I tried are running off a tm400a4ad amp. The vo's, pioneer pros, hertz and sonys I have also run off a focal sport.

In conclusion, the hertz sound the best. The sony's are the best bang for the buck. The vo's have no highs but great lows and mids. The pioneers have harsh highs and need tamed but that will cost you the lows too. The wdx are good but over priced for what you get. The polks are good, water resistant and light weight but lack the pounding lows that the vo's, sony's and hertz can give. I don't recommend the infinity's with the history they have.

There are a lot more 6x9's out there that I have not tried and probably some great speakers hiding like the sony's and over time I will try more.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by travelingypsye; 06-14-2018 at 04:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:34 AM
arlington
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

I've tried several 6x9s also, recently Kickers and Pioneer 69fs both aren't bad, I've been hearing good things about the low end response on the new Kenwood Excelon 130 true RMS. At the price they're selling for will be trying these next.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:45 AM
InthewindMN
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 238 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
Boy a lot has changed since this first posted. I have tried several 6x9's in my lids since this post started. The vo's have great lows and mids but no highs. They will pound with the right setup. The pioneer pros have too harsh highs for me but a great $$ for what you get. The wdx 69 motos have extreme highs but not ear piercing going down the road. Also at $250+ a set, their are better options. The hertz mpx 690.3 are just about the best in the lids as they pound at the lows and the highs are not ear piercing. They are pricy and heavy but really sound good to my ears. Polk mm 692's sound good too but to my ears the lows don't pound as good as the hertz do. Sony xs-gs 6921's are also a good speaker as the highs are warm not harsh and the lows will pound if set up right. Also around $200 a set they are great bang for the buck. Infinity 6x9's also sound great but the construction just doesn't hold up over the long haul. They have a history of breaking the basket as they are plastic.

All of these speakers I tried are running off a tm400a4ad amp. The vo's, pioneer pros, hertz and sonys I have also run off a focal sport.

In conclusion, the hertz sound the best. The sony's are the best bang for the buck. The vo's have no highs but great lows and mids. The pioneers have harsh highs and need tamed but that will cost you the lows too. The wdx are good but over priced for what you get. The polks are good, water resistant and light weight but lack the pounding lows that the vo's, sony's and hertz can give. I don't recommend the infinity's with the history they have.

There are a lot more 6x9's out there that I have not tried and probably some great speakers hiding like the sony's and over time I will try more.

Just my thoughts.
How are the Sony’s for size and weight?

Quick Reply: Which speakers in saddlebag lids