Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biketronics New 250w x4 at 4 ohms Amp

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 01:17 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by Nitrochicken
Well hell.....I was just getting ready to put a 998 in my scoot and ditch the 310BTX. So what now??
If that 310 still works you better hold on to it!!!

Old 06-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Kave Dweller
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great radio, but I’ve been through 2 in 2 years, I suspect they really aren’t built for a bike environment. My amp trigger wire went hot all the time and one rca plug went bad

Old 06-08-2018, 08:05 PM
Nitrochicken
Road Master
Received 153 Likes on 87 Posts

Bates......For sure!!!!! Hahahaha

Old 06-13-2018, 10:17 PM
Moto Mike
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 116 Posts

Here is another update on the tale of the 4250! I received the new 998 from Rain Forest Tues.. Installed new 998 and 4250 on Wednesday, finished about 6 o'clock, tuned it up as well as I could...needed to pack for the M&G, leaving in the morning for BRF! This amp now has some *****! Set the amps gains on the fairing HAT Legatia's at about 3 o'clock (instead of WFO) and running the VO 6.5's in my lowers at about 12 o'clock (instead of 3 o'clock)! I am impressed with the sound and power of this amp now! I still need to take it out and listen and tune some more on roads and speeds I am use to with my former set up! Took me 9 hrs to get to BRF running a lot of the way up the river at 70-80 mph and could hear most of my music very well! I finally received a call from BT Mike (he left message at about 12 noon), I called back about 5 oclock (3 pm Idaho time) Cindy said Mike was busy and would tell him I called...as of 10 oclock tonight (6/13) has not returned my call yet! I think I will keep the 4250 but not 100% sure yet! Most of the better stereo's at the M&G were running JL 6/600, I thought my bike sounded good for not having anything larger then a 6x9'! I still need more volume from my fairing speakers...to be continued...sounds exactly like the 4180 but with more *****!!

Last edited by Moto Mike; 06-13-2018 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:29 PM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

That’s good to hear.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:47 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

For the average Joe, just be careful with that JL 600/6. It's a very nice amp and damn efficient but if ur not running pretty damn efficient speakers it becomes an average 4 channel amp really damn fast.

All watts are not created equal but pulling 200% of the specified watts out of this amp is one damn hell of a stretch.

Just sayin!!!!

T.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:54 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

And it's really damn unfortunate that BT does not grasp the significant impact that this very dialogue has on their business model.

There are some 375000 HD forum members that each have 20 riding buds that all like solid audio. Thus this negative press is traveling way damn far into the HD audio bloodstream.

Hope ur paying attention to this BT Mike. Moto Mike has a tremendous amount of influence on sled audio whether u want to believe it if not.

If I was a business dude in this industry I would make this right ASAP.

Just sayin, again.

T.

Old 06-13-2018, 11:14 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Here is another update on the tale of the 4250! I received the new 998 from Rain Forest Tues.. Installed new 998 and 4250 on Wednesday, finished about 6 o'clock, tuned it up as well as I could...needed to pack for the M&G, leaving in the morning for BRF! This amp now has some *****! Set the amps gains on the fairing HAT Legatia's at about 3 o'clock (instead of WFO) and running the VO 6.5's in my lowers at about 12 o'clock (instead of 3 o'clock)! I am impressed with the sound and power of this amp now! I still need to take it out and listen and tune some more on roads and speeds I am use to with my former set up! Took me 9 hrs to get to BRF running a lot of the way up the river at 70-80 mph and could hear most of my music very well! I finally received a call from BT Mike (he left message at about 12 noon), I called back about 5 oclock (3 pm Idaho time) Cindy said Mike was busy and would tell him I called...as of 10 oclock tonight (6/13) has not returned my call yet! I think I will keep the 4250 but not 100% sure yet! Most of the better stereo's at the M&G were running JL 6/600, I thought my bike sounded good for not having anything larger then a 6x9'! I still need more volume from my fairing speakers...to be continued...sounds exactly like the 4180 but with more *****!!
3 o'clock still, sounds damn high. BT should maybe stick to rally builds and average guy stuff. They should talk to John. Lol.

Old 06-14-2018, 07:44 AM
MMXIWG
Road Captain
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Moto Mike
Did you get the version without the filter? I'm wondering if you had if adding a DSP so you can adjust this amp would be the ticket.

I remember last year Mike said they were working on an amp that had an internal DSP also so maybe we will see that soon.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:13 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,193 Likes on 563 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXIWG
Did you get the version without the filter? I'm wondering if you had if adding a DSP so you can adjust this amp would be the ticket.

I remember last year Mike said they were working on an amp that had an internal DSP also so maybe we will see that soon.
Would love to see this thing with a DSP. Loads of power, the ability to tweak the sound would make it a game changer. I don't need a DSP with my setup, but may just try it because the curiosity is killing me.

Quick Reply: Biketronics New 250w x4 at 4 ohms Amp