Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Police Electraglide. No thumb controls

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 07:44 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by wendon65

Where I stand at the moment is:
I have color wiring diagrams that seem to match up very well to harnesses in the bike.
I sent Kuryakyn housings back and have a set of HD on the way.
I have replacement switches for all of the needed switches
I have the volume switch (LH) and I have the mode switch (RH)
When I receive the new housings I will install the switches, take off the bars and sleeve the wiring inside and the re install the bars.
I have a new console switch for the passing lamps that will be eliminated for the mode switch.
At that point, I will start wiring.
I have not purchased an HD or HD upgraded radio yet nor the 23 and 35 position radio female connectors. 1 thing at a time.
That is where I am at.
Don
i would certainly recommend using an aftermarket head unit such as sony, kenwood, alpine or pioneer, for the simple fact they will give amazing sound quality over a stock replacement, with that being said, you do not need the 35 pin housing, only the 23 pin, and there is also no need to wire in the 4 front speaker wires as you definately want to install an amplifier, then connect your speakers to output side of your amp

Last edited by yooperhog; 02-20-2018 at 07:46 AM.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:49 AM
wendon65
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yooperhog

i would certainly recommend using an aftermarket head unit such as sony, kenwood, alpine or pioneer, for the simple fact they will give amazing sound quality over a stock replacement, with that being said, you do not need the 35 pin housing, only the 23 pin, and there is also no need to wire in the 4 front speaker wire as you definately want to install an amplifier, then connect your speakers to output side of your amp
Thank you for the feedback. I have looked the the Sony with the Bluetooth and hidden door for your phone. I purchased a RF amplifier for the cheapo radio I have now. I will definitely put it back in. The speakers I purchased last year are from J&M. Do I need to be concerned about the ohm rating?

Old 02-20-2018, 07:55 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by wendon65

Thank you for the feedback. I have looked the the Sony with the Bluetooth and hidden door for your phone. I purchased a RF amplifier for the cheapo radio I have now. I will definitely put it back in. The speakers I purchased last year are from J&M. Do I need to be concerned about the ohm rating?
if your JM speakers are 2 ohm, you need to make sure your amp is stable down to 2 ohm. a kwik product search online with your specific model numbers should get you that info