Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Experts help a Newbie Audio Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 09:55 AM
hoggzzer
Tourer
Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Tailwind
1. $7-900 as I stated above.
2. Lots of Classic Rock:0)
3. Lots of Highway riding. I live in ND so lots of open country to ride in.
4. Good quality sound at a decent price. I'm not looking to keep upgrading the system to reach for the moon. If there are better speakers than the KAPPAS someone please chime in($90 on amazon)

Old 12-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by hoggzzer
Thanks Gannicus. Like I said. Thats why I asked...
And MMXIWG...You are correct. The more I read the more i didn't know. Thats why I POSTED. There are so many guys out there that have tried and true systems that help us all not waste our money or time.
NUTZ??????

Which JL Amp? XD400x4
Yes Sir! That's the right amp! As T said. The JL 400/4 will serve you well for the front fairing. Preferably bridged to 4 ohm speakers but will sound very good with the 2 ohm Kappas @ 100 watts. (Keep in mind JL amps are underrated) That said you will have to purchase another amp for future expansion.

Old 12-31-2017, 12:43 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Yes Sir! That's the right amp! As T said. The JL 400/4 will serve you well for the front fairing. Preferably bridged to 4 ohm speakers but will sound very good with the 2 ohm Kappas @ 100 watts. (Keep in mind JL amps are underrated) That said you will have to purchase another amp for future expansion.
G, I know u do a bunch of work on a wide variety of sleds thus what do u think about the JL400 with DBDrive WDX6Motos in the fairing (will they fit in pods) and a kappa or similar in the TP? Will the JL400 make those dB perform as intended?
Big Bang for the buck w those db Motos!!!

T

Old 12-31-2017, 01:37 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by Tailwind
G, I know u do a bunch of work on a wide variety of sleds thus what do u think about the JL400 with DBDrive WDX6Motos in the fairing (will they fit in pods) and a kappa or similar in the TP? Will the JL400 make those dB perform as intended?
Big Bang for the buck w those db Motos!!!

T
Not sure if they will fit the 14 and up fairing pods. I'd go with the BT brackets to be sure. What I do know is they will fit in all the 13 and down batwing fairings. The speakers are at an excellent price point and sound dam good in the fairing bridged to the JL amp. The tweets are a tad bright but the woofers make up for it on the low end. These speakers get very loud for coaxials. If I had to compare them to another speaker. They would be a cross between the DD AW's and the Hertz HCX 165's . . . . Same SQ. Same midbass. Only Louder and cheaper. Great speaker for anyone looking to upgrade his/her system!!

Old 12-31-2017, 02:01 PM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Gannicus
Not sure if they will fit the 14 and up fairing pods. I'd go with the BT brackets to be sure. What I do know is they will fit in all the 13 and down batwing fairings. The speakers are at an excellent price point and sound dam good in the fairing bridged to the JL amp. The tweets are a tad bright but the woofers make up for it on the low end. These speakers get very loud for coaxials. If I had to compare them to another speaker. They would be a cross between the DD AW's and the Hertz HCX 165's . . . . Same SQ. Same midbass. Only Louder and cheaper. Great speaker for anyone looking to upgrade his/her system!!
How many watts do those motos like to shine?