Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This HD Audio Forum is special. Treat each other with respect

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 10:06 AM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts
Default This HD Audio Forum is special. Treat each other with respect

I am not one of the many folks on here that I consider a "Sled Stereo" Guru. My knowledge and experience is in Marketing and Import/Export of stereo and electronic equipment.

The amount of Sled stereo knowledge on this "HD Audio Forum" is unprecedented in the Industry.

The stereo equipment manufactures that are starting to put money into R&D and products for HD motorcycles read this forum and it has influenced more than one, of the validity of the market to support spending the money to develop more products for motorcycles and HD in particular.

I myself got into a pissing match with Alex one night when I had a few too many adult beverages and let my mouth outrun my brain. I apologized and have since become friends with Alex and completely support his company. That does not mean I always agree with him, but I don't disrespect him or any of the others on a public forum.

Now...to the meat of this post. Guru's..."Quit treating each other with disrespect and calling each other out"

It's totally OK to disagree and have different opinions. That's one of the things that has made this forum special.

But cut out the name calling and half-page post dishing another poster or this forum will lose the respect it has in the Industry, people will quit coming here for help and the people assigned to monitor this forum by the equipment manufactures will find more productive things to do with their time. That will equal less $$$ for Sled R&D

It's going to happen from time to time...it's a forum...but it should not be a large portion of the content.

The following 4 users liked this post by CVOJOE:
flcusat (10-30-2017), Gannicus (10-30-2017), Sturgis67 (10-31-2017), twp98 (10-31-2017)
Old 10-30-2017, 11:49 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

CVO....thanks for the attempt, and I'm sure the guys on the forum are going to post a "lets all get along" post, but it's not going to happen man. This has nothing to do with a difference of opinion on a speaker. I welcome new ideas and new products, and I do it with no hidden agenda.

It is what it is.

Old 10-30-2017, 07:01 PM
ew25950
Road Master
Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

Whatever it is I missed it, but I hope it all works out for those involved. I rely on this forum a lot since I'm audio challenged and everyone has been very helpful and respectful.

Old 10-30-2017, 09:48 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 273 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
CVO....thanks for the attempt, and I'm sure the guys on the forum are going to post a "lets all get along" post, but it's not going to happen man. This has nothing to do with a difference of opinion on a speaker. I welcome new ideas and new products, and I do it with no hidden agenda.

It is what it is.
Sadly this rings ever so true. Honestly with a few less negative guys and ones who tag along blindly, we should have no issues getting back on track hopefully. And although he doesn't say it, I will say it 100%. No one is here but to do it for the passion and desire to help and expand the horizons especially Alex. So with that said, what is done is done. Some can dish it out, but give it back and the world ends.

Old 11-02-2017, 04:18 PM
jhsellers
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by slyedog
Some can dish it out, but give it back and the world ends.
This forum combines two hobbies that attract some of the most boisterous braggarts on earth - motorcyclists and audiophiles.

And, as humans, part of our genes dictate that we be loud and swaggerly. (that's a word, right?)

So, from time to time, we tread on each other's path, and try to rationalize it.

That's life, get over it.

Hope this helps,
John

Old 11-02-2017, 04:26 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by jhsellers
This forum combines two hobbies that attract some of the most boisterous braggarts on earth - motorcyclists and audiophiles.

And, as humans, part of our genes dictate that we be loud and swaggerly. (that's a word, right?)

So, from time to time, we tread on each other's path, and try to rationalize it.

That's life, get over it.

Hope this helps,
John
This is so true but as with most things, there's more to this than most folks know. Been brewing for a good while.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:34 PM
09baggerdude
Road Master
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08
This is so true but as with most things, there's more to this than most folks know. Been brewing for a good while.
That's right. This started way back...horns vs tweets...Lol
Everything doesn't HAVE to be a debate...but to some it was.

Old 11-02-2017, 07:58 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,239 Likes on 1,002 Posts

Originally Posted by 09baggerdude
That's right. This started way back...horns vs tweets...Lol
Everything doesn't HAVE to be a debate...but to some it was.
But then again...there's always 2 sides to every story.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:04 PM
CVOJOE
Road Captain
Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

I make a lot of money buying and selling stereo equipment, mostly car stereo equipment.

I thought I knew a bit more than the average Joe. But coming on "THIS" forum has taught me "some" the true intricacies of how to build a stereo.

Lately, egos have got out of control. People have lost site of the "Goal" of building a stereo that we can hear "Loud and Clear" at HWY speed.

Competition Sled stereo pushes the limits and opens doors that might have never been opened. But 99% of the folks that come on here, just want a better sounding stereo with their factory speaker locations and don't want to spend a fortune.

Guys, don't lose site of what made this site famous, that's helping the average Joe get a better sounding stereo in his Harley. Not building a competition stereo sled.

Old 11-02-2017, 08:42 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer
Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SBates08

I think thats it. If you read between the lines it looks like we have a bunch of "sellers" here that are fighting over turf here like the bloods and crips.
It seems to be financially based. Some are more transparent than others.

Quick Reply: This HD Audio Forum is special. Treat each other with respect