Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jarz Products Fairing Tweeter Pods for 2014+ SG Fairings

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 06:36 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Jarz Products Fairing Tweeter Pods for 2014+ SG Fairings

I recently installed these in my 15 Ultra Limited fairing and so far, I like them! As far as I know these are the only tweeter pods available for the Rushmore street glide fairings. I'm not a fan of drilling big holes in my inner fairing or removing gauges so these seemed to be the ticket for me. I bought them more for the pods than the tweeters, although the tweeters don't sound bad. Prior to having these I was running Polk Audio 6.5" component speakers up front powered by the RF TM400x2ad. I mounted the tweeters for those in the speaker grills but wasn't happy with the look or the sound. I now have these tweeters paired with Mmats PA601 mid-bass speakers powered by the same RF amp. I ended up keeping the Polk Audio passive crossovers and am running the Mmats and these tweeter from them. Probably not the best set-up but it doesn't sound bad! What I would like to do is get rid of those Polk crossovers as they take up a lot of room in my fairing. I'm looking for suggestions on how to do that. I'm no audio pro so how would I go about this? I'm assuming I need a crossover between my RF TM400x2ad amp and the Mmats/Tweeters?

http://jarzproducts.com/index.php?id...roller=product

Old 10-25-2017, 06:50 PM
tesnevo
Club Member
Received 95 Likes on 79 Posts

Huh, very interesting. Personally I’d rather drill the shell but I do like the looks of that. This could be a great (although pricey) alternative.
How was the install and where did you pull the tweeter wire from? Also what didn’t you like about the sound of the tweeter in front of the mid (in the grill)?
You will need a crossover between the amp and the speakers unless you bi-amp the setup.

Last edited by tesnevo; 10-25-2017 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Very cool & creative solution!!! I think most of us will buy the grill and drill bit as the most effective option plus the tweet is much more protected from the sound destruction elements in the grills.
Very nice guy that runs this shop.

Good info sharing bro!!!!

T

Old 10-25-2017, 08:02 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

Originally Posted by tesnevo
Huh, very interesting. Personally I’d rather drill the shell but I do like the looks of that. This could be a great (although pricey) alternative.
How was the install and where did you pull the tweeter wire from? Also what didn’t you like about the sound of the tweeter in front of the mid (in the grill)?
You will need a crossover between the amp and the speakers unless you bi-amp the setup.
The install was super simple! Since I have an Ultra I had to drill a small hole for the pods to mount. The street glide guys don't even have to drill a hole since these pods use the existing SG mirror hole (mirrors would have to be re-located to the handle bars).

As I stated I ran the tweeter wires to the passive crossovers that came with the Polk Audio MM6502 component speakers, which by the way I'm selling if anyone is interested. Not bad speakers at all, just not what worked for my ears. I'm now going with a PA type setup.

Still looking for a solution to replace the Polks passive crossovers. I'll need to sell these along with the speakers since they came as a "kit".

Last edited by HogPilot54; 10-25-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:06 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Very cool & creative solution!!! I think most of us will buy the grill and drill bit as the most effective option plus the tweet is much more protected from the sound destruction elements in the grills.
Very nice guy that runs this shop.

Good info sharing bro!!!!

T
Haven't noticed any "sound destruction" at all with the tweeters outboard in the fairing. Actually, having them there helps widen the stereo sound image! The Jarz website doesn't provide much info on the tweeters other than they're 4ohm 150 watt tweeters. Not even sure who manufactures them. If anyone knows, please let me know!

Old 10-25-2017, 09:55 PM
Tailwind
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 873 Likes on 741 Posts

Great news on the sound ur getting.

Was very intrigued by this product up to the point of what u just mentioned. If I cannot get basic specs regarding the product I am out. At this point in my audio hobby I can tell u exactly what my ears will like based on various specs. The fact that I could not find out something as simple as if it was a 19mm tweet v a 28mm tweet or who made it, I was out. Asked for pricing on just the mount and at that time separate pricing was not available. Not sure if that's currently an option.

Damn glad ur getting the sound ur ears like from them as it looks like a cool product and clean install!!!!

Thx again for sharing!!! We need more damn reviews of various outside the box products on this forum. Tons of shix out there just waiting to be discovered or exposed.

T.

Old 10-25-2017, 11:15 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

Originally Posted by Tailwind
Great news on the sound ur getting.

Was very intrigued by this product up to the point of what u just mentioned. If I cannot get basic specs regarding the product I am out. At this point in my audio hobby I can tell u exactly what my ears will like based on various specs. The fact that I could not find out something as simple as if it was a 19mm tweet v a 28mm tweet or who made it, I was out. Asked for pricing on just the mount and at that time separate pricing was not available. Not sure if that's currently an option.

Damn glad ur getting the sound ur ears like from them as it looks like a cool product and clean install!!!!

Thx again for sharing!!! We need more damn reviews of various outside the box products on this forum. Tons of shix out there just waiting to be discovered or exposed.

T.
Tailwind, I hear ya! However if you call them, they're very helpful and will answer all your questions. Not sure why they don't post more info on their website.

Yes, you can now buy the pods without the tweeters!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:22 PM
HogPilot54
Tourer

BTW... I'll probably make this the topic of another thread soon but I'm now running the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP. I mounted it in my tour-pak. It replaced the Fix86 (which is also for sale). Yes, the 360.3 pricey and big but MAN this thing rocks! Totally transformed the sound of my 6 speaker set-up! I'll try to remember to post some pictures soon. I am now running 6 speakers on my 15 Limited with two VO 6x9's in Hogtunes saddlebag speaker lids (thanks Alex!). Three amps for each set of speakers and the 360.3 between the Boom HU and amps. I'm finally zeroing in on the sound quality I've been chasing for over a year!

Old 10-25-2017, 11:59 PM
sponger
Road Master
Received 78 Likes on 71 Posts

I showed Tailwind these sometime last year. They didnt have info then and it doesnt spund like they have info now.

Old 10-26-2017, 06:03 AM
BaggerAudioLab
Banned
Received 196 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by HogPilot54
BTW... I'll probably make this the topic of another thread soon but I'm now running the Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3 DSP. I mounted it in my tour-pak. It replaced the Fix86 (which is also for sale). Yes, the 360.3 pricey and big but MAN this thing rocks! Totally transformed the sound of my 6 speaker set-up! I'll try to remember to post some pictures soon. I am now running 6 speakers on my 15 Limited with two VO 6x9's in Hogtunes saddlebag speaker lids (thanks Alex!). Three amps for each set of speakers and the 360.3 between the Boom HU and amps. I'm finally zeroing in on the sound quality I've been chasing for over a year!
sweet keep us posted! Not many folks running that DSP. The jarz looks neat....wish you could fit a horn in there.

Quick Reply: Jarz Products Fairing Tweeter Pods for 2014+ SG Fairings