Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advise - 2014 CVO Limited Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2017, 09:21 AM
bufalo
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advise - 2014 CVO Limited Upgrades

Hi guys - I recently moved from my '14 SGS to a '14 CVO Limited.

Back in 2014 I had Soundz Customz install their Stage IV kit with saddlebag lids at Bikes Blues and BBQ, and loved the system. I didn't have fairing lowers (which I do now, but with liquid cooled heads). I added a chopped tour pack on the SGS, but no speaker pods (wouldn't fit).

My question is this - I'm going to have Soundz do another install on the CVO limited at the Lone Star Rally next weekend, but not sure what to do for the best sound. I am definitely upgrading fairing speakers and amp, but would prefer speakers in fairing lowers - but what kind of speakers can fit in those lowers with the liquid cooling? The CVO stock setup is not bad by any stretch, but the clarity is not there at highway speeds and I'm just not happy with any of the BOOM audio stuff. Period.

I don't really care about the speaker pods on the TP - if riding 2 UP I don't think the sound is all that great anyway, no matter what speaker is back there. I would like to eventually get speaker lids but have to go thru HD for paint matched lids, which will take a few months based on past experience.

The goal is to have the TP quick detach and still have great sound going down the highway and same with the TP on.

Looking for suggestions - I'm open to ideas. I've spend days and days on this section and not seeing exactly where speakers were installed on the wet heads with fairing lower speakers.

Thoughts? And thanks in advance!

Old 10-24-2017, 09:53 AM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by bufalo
Hi guys - I recently moved from my '14 SGS to a '14 CVO Limited.

Back in 2014 I had Soundz Customz install their Stage IV kit with saddlebag lids at Bikes Blues and BBQ, and loved the system. I didn't have fairing lowers (which I do now, but with liquid cooled heads). I added a chopped tour pack on the SGS, but no speaker pods (wouldn't fit).

My question is this - I'm going to have Soundz do another install on the CVO limited at the Lone Star Rally next weekend, but not sure what to do for the best sound. I am definitely upgrading fairing speakers and amp, but would prefer speakers in fairing lowers - but what kind of speakers can fit in those lowers with the liquid cooling? The CVO stock setup is not bad by any stretch, but the clarity is not there at highway speeds and I'm just not happy with any of the BOOM audio stuff. Period.

I don't really care about the speaker pods on the TP - if riding 2 UP I don't think the sound is all that great anyway, no matter what speaker is back there. I would like to eventually get speaker lids but have to go thru HD for paint matched lids, which will take a few months based on past experience.

The goal is to have the TP quick detach and still have great sound going down the highway and same with the TP on.

Looking for suggestions - I'm open to ideas. I've spend days and days on this section and not seeing exactly where speakers were installed on the wet heads with fairing lower speakers.

Thoughts? And thanks in advance!
If you're going through Soundz Customz. They should have some suggestions for the lowers. There's an entire thread around here some where dedicated to the wet heads but I can't find the dam thing. I do know it's labor intensive getting speakers in that location on that bike but it can be done!

A good front stage for that bike would be the Arc Moto 600.4 amp with the AD designs CX62 speakers. Again, I have not installed lowers on a wet head so I'm not sure what it entails. Hopefully the guys who have done it will jump in.

Old 10-24-2017, 12:23 PM
bufalo
Cruiser

Thanks Gan - I know there's a thread (or threads) around here about the wet heads but I couldn't find anything useful. I spoke with Peter @ Soundz via e-mail and they have options.

I was hoping to feed on other's experience since I know we all tinker way too much and someone has found a good combo between fairing lowers vs. speaker lids vs. TP pods.

Thanks!
Scott

Old 10-24-2017, 04:48 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
Old 10-24-2017, 07:56 PM
bufalo
Cruiser

Thanks! This is what I was looking for with the lowers - was having trouble locating that thread. Much appreciated.

Old 10-24-2017, 08:25 PM
cpbedor
Road Warrior
Received 236 Likes on 170 Posts

Here's another thread about speakers in liquid cooled lowers.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/audio...ed-lowers.html