Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stock ultra system

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2017, 06:49 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior
Received 122 Likes on 114 Posts

Just did a quick search for mmats to check out prices and can't find where to buy them. Any suggestions? Eventually I will run lowers and tp speakers on 2 channels and use other 2 channels for front stage. Is that the best way to do it?

Old 10-25-2017, 06:55 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by SBates08
I'll have to defer to Gannicus on those because I haven't heard them. Another good speaker for the rear pods is the Kicker 41KSC654.
(2) Polk Audio MM652 6.5” 600 Watt Car Audio Speakers+(2) Kicker 6.5" Speakers
Amazon Amazon
Is this a decent setup?

Old 10-25-2017, 06:59 AM
yooperhog
Stellar HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by USAproud
Just did a quick search for mmats to check out prices and can't find where to buy them. Any suggestions? Eventually I will run lowers and tp speakers on 2 channels and use other 2 channels for front stage. Is that the best way to do it?
check the audio classifieds. if paralleling 2 pair of 4 ohm speakers off 2 channels, ask some gurus here, you want them to use similiar power and frequency crossover
im guessing you can get new mmats round $70 apiece

Old 10-25-2017, 07:17 AM
Babyboy
Stellar HDF Member
Received 469 Likes on 394 Posts

What are you planning on using in the fairing for spekers?

Old 10-25-2017, 07:36 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior

Trying to decide between kappas and Polk mm652. Trying to keep cost down

Old 10-25-2017, 07:55 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

SLOW DOWN BROTHER!!! One of the things that will wreck the staying on budget plan, is to act to quickly!!! It's only 40 degrees this morning and that looks to be the norm for a while so chill out a little and lets make some smart decisions as a group and try to only do this once. Rare the one and done rule applies cause there is so much out there to try, but a slow approach is a good one. I have a few sets of 6.5s you can try and with the evolution of bike audio moving as quickly as it is right now, soon as the snow melts, there will be more to choose from. Tons of good stuff in the For Sale area right now too. I 100% agree on your choice of amp, and like these guys say, that thing will power anything you want to throw in there. No problem with 4 or 6 speakers and like Yoop says, you will want to try to match specs as close as possible when running 4 speakers or 2 sets of speakers from 2 channels, again not a problem, just something to make a smart decision on. Gann once gave me a tip about matching up some stuff and changing the way it was wired and I ended up with more volume and sound quality with the same stuff I started with. Sorry for the novel like reply, but I and others here are happy to help and I really think if you slow down a little and make smart, well advised, decisions you will be way ahead. I run fairing, lowers and rear pods, all 6.5s on less power than you are looking at and if you want to make the trip, I'd be happy to fire it up and swap some speakers around so you can hear some different stuff.
Kris

Old 10-25-2017, 08:08 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by BlackPearl#1
SLOW DOWN BROTHER!!! One of the things that will wreck the staying on budget plan, is to act to quickly!!! It's only 40 degrees this morning and that looks to be the norm for a while so chill out a little and lets make some smart decisions as a group and try to only do this once. Rare the one and done rule applies cause there is so much out there to try, but a slow approach is a good one. I have a few sets of 6.5s you can try and with the evolution of bike audio moving as quickly as it is right now, soon as the snow melts, there will be more to choose from. Tons of good stuff in the For Sale area right now too. I 100% agree on your choice of amp, and like these guys say, that thing will power anything you want to throw in there. No problem with 4 or 6 speakers and like Yoop says, you will want to try to match specs as close as possible when running 4 speakers or 2 sets of speakers from 2 channels, again not a problem, just something to make a smart decision on. Gann once gave me a tip about matching up some stuff and changing the way it was wired and I ended up with more volume and sound quality with the same stuff I started with. Sorry for the novel like reply, but I and others here are happy to help and I really think if you slow down a little and make smart, well advised, decisions you will be way ahead. I run fairing, lowers and rear pods, all 6.5s on less power than you are looking at and if you want to make the trip, I'd be happy to fire it up and swap some speakers around so you can hear some different stuff.
Kris
I am not rushing to buy anything at the moment but want to get an idea of what I will need once snow flies. I will ride until salt is on the ground but after that the bike is coming apart. I would love to be able to hear some options out there before buying to try and only do this one time. Where are you located?

Old 10-25-2017, 08:49 AM
Matty_d
Tourer
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey USA,

I'm right up in Saukville. I don't have anything special, but I currently have a JL 280/4 bridged powering Hertz HCX165 in the fairing. I have Kappa's in the lowers currently running off my Aquaitic HU. I'm kinda in the same situation as you though. I have a Moto 600.4 waiting to be installed but I want to narrow down my choice for new lowers. I havent heard many, but the HCX165 sound great off the JL.

Old 10-25-2017, 09:03 AM
BlackPearl#1
Stellar HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 113 Posts

I am not rushing to buy anything at the moment but want to get an idea of what I will need once snow flies. I will ride until salt is on the ground but after that the bike is coming apart. I would love to be able to hear some options out there before buying to try and only do this one time. Where are you located?
Black River Falls. There are others closer to you for sure, but again, welcome to come listen. I'll be in Appleton this weekend, but can look at the next few weekends

Old 10-25-2017, 09:15 AM
USAproud
Road Warrior

Damn I was just in warrens last weekend. I'll have to see if we can make something work

Quick Reply: Stock ultra system