Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Boom Audio EQ File Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 08:27 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 670 Likes on 446 Posts
Default Boom Audio EQ File Question

I just installed a Boom 6.5 which was an upgrade from my 4.3 and noticed that the bass wasn't as heavy as the bass on the 4.3. When looking through the EQ configuration menu (the one where you have to hold the mute when you turn on power) I noticed that mine was set to the file "131_OFF.bin". I found a spreadsheet that list this as "HU 121712 rev1d +3dBdyn GBDK_platinum.EQF" but have no idea what that means. Does anyone know what the actual settings for the 131_OFF.bin are and, assuming that the ON file is the same except with the ON instead of OFF, what setting or file I need to unlock the full potential of this system.

I am going to perform a system reset when I get home today and see if the EQ file changes. My upgrades are the PBR300x2, BT Line leveler and Kappa 60.11 Speakers. I only have speakers in the fairing.

The only thing I changed recently was the HU and it's definitely loud but bass has been cut about 40%. My bass and treble controls still work but the fade does not move and is about 3 clicks towards the front.

Old 10-20-2017, 01:47 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Sore subject if you where happy with the way it sounded with the 4.3 identify what bin was in it and have same installed on 6.5.
it will have same bin file when running 131on when bike is running but that is part of the hole problem eq settings change.
supposedly the best is 8speaker 2amp but HD can no longer do it Indy shop with right software can .
4 speaker two amp with specific instructions seams popular.and has full functions bass,treb,fade.
use search there are many topics on it. 2cts

Old 10-20-2017, 02:44 PM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by FLYINGBROKE
Sore subject if you where happy with the way it sounded with the 4.3 identify what bin was in it and have same installed on 6.5.
it will have same bin file when running 131on when bike is running but that is part of the hole problem eq settings change.
supposedly the best is 8speaker 2amp but HD can no longer do it Indy shop with right software can .
4 speaker two amp with specific instructions seams popular.and has full functions bass,treb,fade.
use search there are many topics on it. 2cts

I used search for 2 days. There are many different opinions but J&S Audio (and a few other people) state that the best setting is 0AMP, 4SPKR for aftermarket amps. I was wondering what I had so when I go to the dealer to flash I can make sure we get it right. Hence the original question, "set to the file "Does anyone know what the actual settings for the 131_OFF.bin are". I already swapped radios and put the bike together, would rather figure it out online rather than pull the bike apart again.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:37 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain

Don't think that's the flash you want but to answer your question tell them stock flash for ultra.You can look at ultra sled on dealer floor and pull bin number.Cant just go to dealer and say i want bin file xyz dont work that way.
You will find out even if you tell them do it exactly like the bike on showroom floor there is no guaranty you will get same bin as that bike.The stupid radio has demons and is why people are spending so much money on dsp type products.sorry no help.

Old 10-20-2017, 05:40 PM
FLYINGBROKE
Road Captain
Old 10-21-2017, 11:14 PM
Axegrinder
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocket67
I just installed a Boom 6.5 which was an upgrade from my 4.3 and noticed that the bass wasn't as heavy as the bass on the 4.3. When looking through the EQ configuration menu (the one where you have to hold the mute when you turn on power) I noticed that mine was set to the file "131_OFF.bin". I found a spreadsheet that list this as "HU 121712 rev1d +3dBdyn GBDK_platinum.EQF" but have no idea what that means. Does anyone know what the actual settings for the 131_OFF.bin are and, assuming that the ON file is the same except with the ON instead of OFF, what setting or file I need to unlock the full potential of this system.

I am going to perform a system reset when I get home today and see if the EQ file changes. My upgrades are the PBR300x2, BT Line leveler and Kappa 60.11 Speakers. I only have speakers in the fairing.

The only thing I changed recently was the HU and it's definitely loud but bass has been cut about 40%. My bass and treble controls still work but the fade does not move and is about 3 clicks towards the front.
Rocket, I can't tell what all the BIN files are but I can tell you that the 131_OFF file is for a 4 speaker with amp setup. I have a 14 Limited with the stage 1 boom upgrade and that is what mine is.

The following users liked this post:
TexasMotorcycleRider (10-23-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 08:02 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Axegrinder
Rocket, I can't tell what all the BIN files are but I can tell you that the 131_OFF file is for a 4 speaker with amp setup. I have a 14 Limited with the stage 1 boom upgrade and that is what mine is.

Thank you thank you thank you!! That is exactly what I needed to know and actually what I had suspected. It seems that the radio is throwing a line out instead of a full signal and my system is setup for the full signal. Funny thing is that it doesn't sound horrible, just devoid of any real substance. If I move the bass from 0 to full there is very little difference. I need to get this fixed so the control is back in the radio.