Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

recommendations for audio shop for '06 street glide (near Fairfield/Vacaville, CA)

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2017, 12:20 PM
metalmania
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question recommendations for audio shop for '06 street glide (near Fairfield/Vacaville, CA)

My audio system isn't a complex setup, but not stock.

Anyone have a recommendation for an audio shop that's versed with audio for touring bikes?

Area: Fairfield/Vacaville, CA 94533

Thanks in advance for any direction/input.

~Darren

Old 10-14-2017, 02:27 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 412 Likes on 379 Posts

Originally Posted by metalmania
My audio system isn't a complex setup, but not stock.

Anyone have a recommendation for an audio shop that's versed with audio for touring bikes?

Area: Fairfield/Vacaville, CA 94533

Thanks in advance for any direction/input.

~Darren
Don't need a shop. You can do it yourself. What Bike?

Old 10-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Stuntmeat
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Gann, according to the title he has an 06 street glide.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:20 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by Stuntmeat
Gann, according to the title he has an 06 street glide.
LOL!! I missed that. Piece of cake on that bike. I can walk him through that set up no problem. Shop not necessary.

Old 10-16-2017, 12:46 PM
metalmania
6th Gear

Hey Stuntmeat & Gannicus, thanks for the replies. I appreciate your time.

Situation...

i had some 10" bars installed at my local HD dealer and now the stereo head unit (aftermarket; Alpine CDE-154BT) is doing a funky thing.

When i slide the faceplate of the headunit on, the volume just wants to shoot up to max volume on it's own. Turning the volume down on the faceplate doesn't work. A matter of fact, no buttons on the faceplate get a reaction when pressing them. The stereo is on, but the faceplate is of no use in regards to controlling the stereo. I essentially have to remove the faceplate to kill the stereo and not kill my ears.

I brought the glide back to HD to have them double-check their wiring. They say it all checks out, but they believe it's the "adapter" between the headunit and stock HD wiring that's going bad. The issue wasn't there before the handlebar upgrade.

Any recommendations on how to go about methodically troubleshooting this?

Thanks in advance.

~Darren

Old 10-16-2017, 01:06 PM
Gannicus
Ultimate HDF Member

What adapter do you have? Hawg wired? Biketronics, Metra, Scosche? Only asked for informational purposes only. The adapter controls the handle bar controls. Has absolutely nothing to do with the HU itself. Even if the adapter is not working your ***** on your radio should work. You can completely disconnect your adapter and your radio will still work. Complete hogwash from the dealer. Sounds like they screwed up your wiring configuration to the HU somehow. Need to check all your wiring to the HU. Mainly the black, yellow and red wire from the HU. That's ground, accessory and constant.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:29 PM
metalmania
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Gannicus
What adapter do you have? Hawg wired? Biketronics, Metra, Scosche? Only asked for informational purposes only. The adapter controls the handle bar controls. Has absolutely nothing to do with the HU itself. Even if the adapter is not working your ***** on your radio should work. You can completely disconnect your adapter and your radio will still work. Complete hogwash from the dealer. Sounds like they screwed up your wiring configuration to the HU somehow. Need to check all your wiring to the HU. Mainly the black, yellow and red wire from the HU. That's ground, accessory and constant.
I'm not certain about the adapter. I'll open up the fairing and get a look in the next couple of days. I was suspicious that the dealer may have got some wires mixed up or something. One thing i tested with the fuses that may back up my suspicion is, I pulled the fuse for the radio pwr and the stereo stayed on. I plugged that fuse back in and removed the radio mem fuse and the stereo shuts down. It almost seems like the wiring to those are reversed? I believe the radio mem fuse is constant; am i correct on that?

I also noticed that my volume controls on the bars don't work; they used to before the bar install. Hmmmmmm