Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FOCAL Fairing amp 4x175w!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2018 | 03:00 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by DAVENRINO
How is everyone mounting the Focal Sport in a Rushmore Batwing? Double sided tape and zip-ties to the stock bracket? Or is there a way to bolt it in?
Thanks,
Dave
I used the "feet" that come with the amp. Then laid the amp in the amp tray to mark the feet. Drilled 9/64 holes in the amp tray and used the sheet metal screws that came with the amp.
Job done.

Old 02-05-2018 | 09:11 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Originally Posted by travelingypsye
I used the "feet" that come with the amp. Then laid the amp in the amp tray to mark the feet. Drilled 9/64 holes in the amp tray and used the sheet metal screws that came with the amp.
Job done.

Thanks a lot. Did you use an inline fuse in addition to the internal fuses? If so, would that be a 50A?
Dave

Old 02-05-2018 | 09:56 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member

I noticed that twspalm stated he was running this amp in a Rushmore without a LL or a DSP. How is this possible? Have to do with the Flash he's using maybe?

Last edited by SBates08; 02-05-2018 at 10:30 PM.
Old 02-05-2018 | 10:54 PM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Thanks a lot. Did you use an inline fuse in addition to the internal fuses? If so, would that be a 50A?
Dave
No I just have it direct to the amp. I thought about an external fuse but didn't take it apart to see how the 2- 25amp fuses are configured. If parallel ok, if in conjunction they will blow before the 50amp you put in line will blow. Just saying.

Old 02-05-2018 | 11:26 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

Originally Posted by SBates08
I noticed that twspalm stated he was running this amp in a Rushmore without a LL or a DSP. How is this possible? Have to do with the Flash he's using maybe?
I talked to Andy at Riverside Pacific Stereo and he said they install them without LL but does require a flash. He said they just run the Speaker lines from the stock HU to the high level input. I thought the gurus here said that sending all that processed audio to the amp wasn't the ideal setup.

Old 02-05-2018 | 11:28 PM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

No I just have it direct to the amp. I thought about an external fuse but didn't take it apart to see how the 2- 25amp fuses are configured. If parallel ok, if in conjunction they will blow before the 50amp you put in line will blow. Just saying.
Thanks, you would think they would supply one if it was necessary since they do supply the power lines.

Old 02-06-2018 | 12:11 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

I talked to Andy at Riverside Pacific Stereo and he said they install them without LL but does require a flash. He said they just run the Speaker lines from the stock HU to the high level input. I thought the gurus here said that sending all that processed audio to the amp wasn't the ideal setup.
It may work for a bench test but I would cringe to ride all day beating the amp with all the high/low input straight from the head unit. I for one would rather not worry about my amp with a line leveler. Besides I have read the nightmares of HD techs trying to flash the hu and it sounding good going down the road.

Old 02-06-2018 | 12:25 AM
DAVENRINO
Road Master

It may work for a bench test but I would cringe to ride all day beating the amp with all the high/low input straight from the head unit. I for one would rather not worry about my amp with a line leveler. Besides I have read the nightmares of HD techs trying to flash the hu and it sounding good going down the road.
Yep, I ordered a couple today along with the BT brackets you are trying to avoid buying.

Old 02-06-2018 | 07:31 AM
Roadie13
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Thanks, you would think they would supply one if it was necessary since they do supply the power lines.
When I talked to Focal they absolutely said to install an in-line fuse. They didn't give a specific value but said it needed to be greater than 50A. I went with 60 because I had an extra from my other setup. Definitely weird that they supply the wiring without a fuse or eyelets for the battery. Easy fix, but should be included for a top tier amp.

Old 02-06-2018 | 07:44 AM
travelingypsye
Stellar HDF Member

Originally Posted by Roadie13
When I talked to Focal they absolutely said to install an in-line fuse. They didn't give a specific value but said it needed to be greater than 50A. I went with 60 because I had an extra from my other setup. Definitely weird that they supply the wiring without a fuse or eyelets for the battery. Easy fix, but should be included for a top tier amp.
Good to know. Thanks.

Quick Reply: New FOCAL Fairing amp 4x175w!