Audio Systems Find answers to all of your stereo, speaker and other audio technology questions here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New FOCAL Fairing amp 4x175w!

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017 | 03:37 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer

Originally Posted by Respect
Arc told you that eh? BULLSH*T.

Its designed and built by Orca. Those in the business may recall Orca built one previously and licensed Focal's name. That amp was a MASSIVE failure. Sounded great but they kept blowing up. If I'm not mistaken they recalled them.

Arc saw this post at SEMA and is laughing their asses off.
Correct, thats what I was told by ARC.

Are you at SEMA now? How did they say it would compare?

Old 11-02-2017 | 07:27 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain

A lot of us are dying to know the skinny on this thing before we shell out a ton of cash. If the same truly is 25 W more per channel at four ohms legitimately I might be a player. My Hertz HDP4 is cool but.....

Old 11-02-2017 | 07:31 PM
BaggerAudioLab
|
Banned

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
Correct, thats what I was told by ARC.

Are you at SEMA now? How did they say it would compare?
Who at Arc did you specifically talk to?

Robert Zeff designs the Arc amps, this isn't his build. The Arc Xdi line and Moto line are constant power amps at 2ohm and 4ohm, the Focal operates differently.

Old 11-02-2017 | 07:32 PM
BaggerAudioLab
|
Banned

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
A lot of us are dying to know the skinny on this thing before we shell out a ton of cash. If the same truly is 25 W more per channel at four ohms legitimately I might be a player. My Hertz HDP4 is cool but.....
Never been a fan of the HDP4...tried it a bunch of times with different set ups and it was just missing something.

Old 11-02-2017 | 08:06 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain

I love it. It screams on my setup. Was thinking if I could get a few more watts and fit in my fairing why not.

Old 11-02-2017 | 08:52 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
Who at Arc did you specifically talk to?

Robert Zeff designs the Arc amps, this isn't his build. The Arc Xdi line and Moto line are constant power amps at 2ohm and 4ohm, the Focal operates differently.
Didn't pay attention. A unregulated and regulated power supply is an easy change, JL has been doing it for years.

Arc and Focal did both tell me that the only authorized retailers are on their website. If any equipment is sold thru a non authorized retailer "sideways" the warranty is null in void.

http://www.focal-america.com/support/

http://content.arcaudio.com/warranty-policy.html

Last edited by SOFTPETER; 11-02-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 11-02-2017 | 08:54 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by bigreds1963ss
equivalent power at 2 ohms and bit more even bridged from the 3rd party reports than hdp4 and fits in all years fairing with no struggle vs hdp4 that fits ok in 14+ but not a desirable fit in 13 down. Cannot comment on sound quality but feedback is as good or even better than the hdp4. Many of us have long passed over the Hertz bandwagon and went to bigger things. Really a Soundigital 800.4 is near the hdp4 with better output and efficiency at way less cost and made in Brazil vs China. Just need a processor if you want to cross outside the set crossover it has.

Old 11-02-2017 | 09:21 PM
BaggerAudioLab
|
Banned

Originally Posted by SOFTPETER
Didn't pay attention. A unregulated and regulated power supply is an easy change, JL has been doing it for years.

Arc and Focal did both tell me that the only authorized retailers are on their website. If any equipment is sold thru a non authorized retailer "sideways" the warranty is null in void.

http://www.focal-america.com/support/

http://content.arcaudio.com/warranty-policy.html
That's more bad info from whoever you spoke with. Please PM me a name so i can call over there tomorrow. I'm guessing they say stuff like this so you won't go purchase from woofers etc. or places on eBay but it's incorrect info they are providing and that isn't cool.

I'm an authorized dealer for Arc Audio but since I am a motorcycle shop my purchase requirements and agreement is different than a car shop, therefore I am not listed on the site. DD does the same thing, you don't get listed on the site until you meet a certain dealer purchase requirements (but I'm listed on that one).

Last edited by BaggerAudioLab; 11-02-2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2017 | 09:27 PM
bigreds1963ss
Road Captain

Love my hertz amp not a hertz speaker fan. Just want an amp that’s 175-200 Watts at 4ohms. Not running subs so don’t need 2 ohms.

Old 11-02-2017 | 09:46 PM
SOFTPETER
Tourer

Originally Posted by BaggerAudioLab
That's more bad info from whoever you spoke with. Please PM me a name so i can call over there tomorrow. I'm guessing they say stuff like this so you won't go purchase from woofers etc. or places on eBay but it's incorrect info they are providing and that isn't cool.

I'm an authorized dealer for Arc Audio but since I am a motorcycle shop my purchase requirements and agreement is different than a car shop, therefore I am not listed on the site. DD does the same thing, you don't get listed on the site until you meet a certain dealer purchase requirements (but I'm listed on that one).
Your website doesn't list that you are authorized to sell JL, Focal, or Arc.(or anything)
Its strictly against their policy for anyone to sell on forums or unauthorized websites.
Just keep it 100. You either buy it sideways haze or from distributors under the table.

Quick Reply: New FOCAL Fairing amp 4x175w!